Chapter 16: 💔Break Up With Your Girlfriend 💔

*Ben's P.o.v*

French class had just finished up when the bell rang. Gathering my things, I said goodbye to the teacher, Ms. Sophie, before leaving the classroom. I didn't even make it to my locker before I was bombarded with random words from, not 1, not 2 but 3 girls!

"Audrey, tell him what happened!" Grace demanded with a pout as she crossed her arms.

"You won't believe it, Ben." Said  Serenity.

"We had a riff-off in music class today and guess who was there." Audrey said.

"...Who?" I mentally prepared myself. There were quite the number of people that Audrey didn't like, so guessing would be futile.

"Mal." She spat. Okay, that was expected.

"And Nevaeh!" Grace growls.

Nevaeh? I didn't know she was in music class. I raise my brows in slight surprise while trying to hold back my smile.

'I wonder what her singing voice sounds like.' I thought.

"Okay?" I said questioningly because I wasn't exactly sure where the problem was.

"But that's not all. We LOST! To THEM!!" Grace exclaimed. She never did like losing, especially when it came to singing.

"Mr. Piper even asked those two VKs if they could perform for Family Day. They declined, of course, but still!" Audrey fumed.

'Does she ever shut up? Like, I'm already getting a headache.' My subconscious said.

"Uhh, I might be missing something, but why are you all so upset?" I asked.

"Don't you get it? They cheated! But according to Mr. Piper, their performance was a fine example of vocal harmony." Serenity said. Grace scoffs while shaking her head.

"Unbelievable!" She exclaimed while tossing her hands up. Soon, she left, leaving me, Audrey and Serenity.

'Okay, Ben, if you ever want a chance to be with Nevaeh, then you gotta get Audrey out of the picture.' I thought. I turn to face Audrey.

"Hey, can we talk," I then look over at Serenity.

"In private?" I asked. Serenity nods while looking at me.

"Bye, Audrey." She says before leaving Audrey and I alone.

I took Audrey to a secluded area, away from prying eyes.

"What is it, benny-boo?" She asked in a cheerful voice.

Taking a deep breathe, I said to her,

"Audrey, you know that I care for you, right? You've always been a good friend to me,"

"Of course, benny-bear. And I care for you!" She said.

"There's no easy way to say this, and I don't want to hurt you….but I don't think our relationship is working out." I said.

Her smile drops.

"W-What do you mean 'it's not working out?' What are you talking about?" She asked.

I swallow forcibly.

"I've come to realize that we are two totally different people, Audrey. My feelings for you have changed, and no, not recently. Truth is… I've not been happy in this relationship. You're a great person, Audrey, don't get me wrong. Any guy would be lucky to have you. You deserve someone who can love you with all their heart…and that's not me." I said.

"What-What are you saying, benny-boo?" She asked with a slight hiccup at the end.

"I'm sorry, Audrey, but I'm breaking up with you." I said.

"Ben," She begins taking a step closer to me.

"It just wasn't working out between us. I hope we can still be friends." I said, with slight hope at the end.

Instead of crying, she places the back of her hand on my forehead with concern on her face.

"Did they spell you to say that?" She asked. Narrowing my eyes, I pulled her hand away from my head, taking a step back in the process.

"Audrey, no! This has nothing to do with the VKs, okay? I'm not happy being with you, I haven't been for a long time, but I just didn't know how to tell you, or if I could. I didn't want to hurt you!" I exclaimed.

She jumps back a bit, shocked at my sudden outburst. Her bottom lip starts to quiver and a single tear falls from her eye.

She quickly wipes it away, plastering a fake smile on just as Chad comes up to join us.