Chapter 17: 😏The Locker Scene/Maelynn😏

*No One's P.o.v*

The minute Chad joined them, Audrey subtly wiped her eyes of any stray tears that may have fallen before plastering a cheerful smile, much to Ben's concern.

He didn't want to hurt her, but if they stayed together or even got married, it'd be unhappy, untrue and painful for the both of them, not exactly Happily Ever After material.

It seemed that the once tense atmosphere became chill once Chad and Audrey began talking and joking around. As they turned the corner, Audrey's laughter died down enough for a scoff to make way as her eyes narrowed dangerously.

Chad nudged Ben's shoulder before pointing in the direction of Mal, Evie and Nevaeh by some lockers.

"Those kids are trouble." Chad said. Ben kept his glare to a low since he was still kinda pissed off at him.

"Come on, guys, give them a chance." Ben said with a slight smile. Audrey grabbed Ben's hands in hers.

"Face it, Benny-boo, but you're just too trusting. Look, I know your mom fell in love with a big, nasty beast that turned out to be a prince, but with my mom, the Evil Fairy was JUST the Evil Fairy... that girl's mother," Audrey said, nodding her head at Mal.

"I think you're wrong about them." Ben said. Audrey quickly dropped his hands.

"Are you serious? They have bad blood flowing through their veins." She hissed.

"Yeah, they're little spawns of evil, especially her, I bet you she has some demon blood in her." Chad said in disgust as he pointed at Nevaeh.

When Ben looked at her, though, he only saw a strong, confident, beautiful girl.

'Don't forget sexy, damn. Can't wait to hold her in my arms.' Ben's subconscious side, a.k.a his more beastly side, thought.

Shaking his head of that thought, he regained his composure..

"Maybe because you guys have only been treating them badly when they haven't even done anything to you." He said.

Chad opened his mouth to protest, but Ben glared at him.

"She did that out of self defense and you know it." He hissed.

"Ben, you're about to be king, don't go making bad decisions out of pity." Said Audrey.

"Yeah, remember which side of the barrier you're from." Chad said.

Sighing, Audrey pulled her sunglasses down onto her face and with Chad, walked away. Looking back at the girl he found himself falling for, Ben noticed she was talking to Mal by their lockers, so he decided to walk up to them.

XXX

*Nevaeh's p.o.v.*

When the bell rang and class was let out, Mal and I headed to our lockers.

Speaking of our lockers, did I mention that we both had spray painted ours with our parents' silhouettes and and 'Long Live Evil' writing under it, above it, or in it; mine was colored with dark purple, dark blue and silver with bits of dark green sparkles while Mal's was purple, green and pink. Soon Evie joined us by our lockers.

"Does anyone have Chemistry next?" She asked.

"I do." I replied as I switched my music book out for my chemistry book.

"Thank goodness, I didn't want to be alone there." She smiled.

While she and Mal talked, I had my locker opened, reading my spellbook when obnoxious laughter rang.