Chapter 56: 🌈The Calm After the Storm🌈

*Ben’s p.o.v*

“She had no right to say those things to me!” My dad roared.

After the scene that happened at family Day, instead of being able to breathe in the comfort of my bedroom, waiting for Nevaeh to return, I instead am met with the beastly anger of my father.

He continued to rant and let out his anger as he paced my room, and to be honest, I kind of zoned out, mentally rolling my eyes.

“Can’t you see what that whore is doing to you, son?! She’s seduced and deceived you so much that you actually think you’re in love with her! She’s manipulating you into tearing this kingdom apart!” Dad yelled, making my eyes go wide as I zoned back in.

“Adam!” Exclaimed mom, shocked at what he said.

“Don’t you dare call her that word!” I yelled, standing abruptly from my chair.

“Nevaeh hasn’t seduced me or deceived me, dad, everything she’s said or done has been nothing but honest and genuine.” I defended, frowning at my father. 

‘Okay, maybe the seducing part is kinda true, but she’s doing it by just being herself. Besides, the feeling is mutual.’ I thought to myself.

“She isn’t manipulating me to do anything, but open my eyes to see things more clearly.” I declared, my eyes burning from passion and anger.

I can’t believe he would accuse Nevaeh of such things after all she’s been through, he doesn’t even know her!

“You know what I think? I think you’re just upset because she called you out! You know what she said was true.” I laughed in disbelief.

My dad wasn’t being very kingly or fatherly at the moment, and I’m not gonna have it.

“That’s ridiculous!” He exclaimed.

“I think we’re done with this conversation, you can go now.” I growled, my eyes darkening.

Dad was going to say something, but was stopped by the look mom gave him, so with a defeated sigh, he turned around and left my room with mom.

Once they left, I quickly changed out of my suit and into something more comfy before tossing myself down on my bed, sighing in relief.

XXX

After, like, 15 minutes had went by, Nevaeh came into my room.

“Hey…” She said, trailing off while closing and locking the door behind her. Sitting up, I leaned against the headboard.

“Wait. Come here, please?” I asked once I saw her about to head to the closet.

Instead of replying, she made her way over to me. I swung my legs so they were dangling on the edge of the bed, and as she came closer I could see the tiredness in her eyes and how there were dried tear stains on her cheeks, making me grow concerned.

“Hey, how’d everything go with your dad?” I asked, pulling her closer by her hips so she stood between my legs. She sighed.

“Well… he cried a little bit, but don’t tell him I told you that,” She started, that part making me laugh a bit.

“And he was a bit mad at me for not telling him at first,” My hands tightened their grip on her hips, but not too much.

“But past that, I’d say it went well. I promised him I’d tell him more things that happen to me or things I’m thinking about.” She finished, a soft smile playing on her lips.

“That’s good to hear.” I smiled, before it fell when I remembered her wrist.

“Are you okay? Your wrist, I mean. I didn’t mean to hurt you.” I whimpered, gently grabbing the wrist that was luckily losing the bruise coloring.

“I’m fine, beasty. Was I shocked at first? Yeah, but I know you didn’t mean to. Sometimes you don’t know your own strength.” She said with a shrug. I gently planted a kiss on her wrist.

“What about you, mon roi?” She asked, weaving her fingers through my hair, something she knows I love.

“I don’t want to talk about it.” I grumbled into her stomach, the vibrations making her giggle.

“That bad, huh?” She asked, making me nod.

“Well, let’s forget about it, okay, beasty?” She responded, tilting my head up.

Once I nodded, she leaned down and gave me a kiss. Biting on her bottom lip soon allowed me access to the inside of her mouth, our simple kiss becoming a heated makeout.

What seemed like a few seconds could’ve been minutes before we parted for air. Pulling on her bottom lip gently, I smirked at her flushed cheeks.

“Did I ever mention that I love you?” I asked, making her toss her head back as laighters escaped her slightly swollen lops before she nodded.

“And I love you, beasty. Now, let me change.” She smiled, pulling herself out of my grasp.

The empty feeling of not holding her made me pout before I went back to laying on my bed, closing my eyes in relaxation. It wasn’t long before I felt the bed dip and a familiar weight on my chest.

“I know they’ll say bad things about me, about us, “ She said after some silence, before looking up at me, her chin resting on my chest.

“But I know we’re stronger together. You complete me, Ben, so… please don’t leave me.” She said softly.

I cold see the pain and anger and vulnerableness in her eyes, I could hear the sincerity and compassion in her words, but most importantly I could feel the love, loyalty, and passion she had for me in the way she hugged me or anytime she would touch me.

This was my future queen, no doubt  about it, and I'm madly in love with her.

"Never, ever will I leave you, ma reine. You're stuck with me forever after, like a tale as old as time." I promised before cupping her chin with my thumb and index finger.

Tilting her head up slightly, I gave her slightly swollen lips a passionate kiss, and loving the way she kissed back.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(A/N: Hey guys! Thought I'd switch it up a bit. Bet you weren't expecting that, huh?🤭🤭

Anyway, can u believe the audacity of Adam to say such horrible things?

Scary things happen behind closed doors, I guess.

Anyways, let me know what you guys think!

~XoXo Queenie 💜👑