Chapter 55: 😳Bitter Confessions😳

When Nevaeh disappeared in a cloud of sparkly navy blue smoke, all eyes turned to the prince and his confession.

“Serenity, get away from that boy.” Demanded Ivy, the oldest White sibling, concerned for her sister coming through in her voice.

Serenity didn’t need to  be told twice before letting go of one of Chad’s arms, rushing over to her parents and sisters. Ben was seeing red, as was Orion.

The former being held back by Nigel and Aziz while the latter was being held back by Tarzan and Aladdin, both being a struggle for the males holding back the prince and king.

“Had the chance?! What the hell is the bastard talking about?!” Yelled Orion, his anger bringing a sultry grin on Chad’s face as he decided to play with the king. 

“I don’t know. What DO I mean?” Chad taunted before he was pulled away by his parents, who both had anger and sadness displayed in them while Ashlynn looked like she wanted to die from embarrassment.

Angry and confused, Orion turns to look at Ben, who gulped at the former’s hardened gaze.

“Is there something you’re not telling me?” Orion sneered.

“I-I’m gonna go ch-check on them.” Ben said, referring to the Vks before leaving the scene.

XXX

*Nevaeh’s p.o.v*

Poofing up beside Mal on a picnic table earned me yelps and gasps of surprise by the other four.

“Sorry.” I said softly, trying to keep my voice from wavering, taking a seat next to Mal.

“What took you so long?” Asked Evie, who was dejectedly picking at her cantaloupe.

“You know me, I had to put some royals in their place.” I chuckled humorlessly. I didn’t want to bring up anything that happened after they left to them.

“Guys!” I heard Ben’s voice call out before he came over to our table. He took a moment to read our somber expressions before placing his hands on my shoulder, giving me a comforting squeeze.

“Hey, forget what happened, alright? Don’t worry about it. After my coronation on Friday, everything will go back to normal, okay?” Ben tried to reassure us before leaning to my ear.

“I gotta go.” He stated. I numbly nodded my head as he planted a kiss to the slide of my temple. After he left, Doug and Raelynn came over to apologize, for what, I’m not sure.

“Listen, Evie, I just wanted-”

“Doug!” Chad called, cutting off Doug. The said son of Dopey kept trying to talk to Evie, to apologize, but stupid Chad kept cutting him off to the point where Doug went over to his table just so he would shut up.

“Mal, when you have time, I’d like to talk to you. Privately.” Raelynn said before leaving, knowing she wouldn’t want to be near Chad or Audrey and Serenity.

The said princesses just couldn’t resist themselves as they walked over with…shockingly Jane, the three of them acting like they’ve been best friends since forever. 

“How long does she think that’s gonna last?” Serenity asked.

 “Nevaeh’s just the bad girl infatuation.” Audrey remarked to her friends, the three of them sharing a giggle.

“Yeah, I mean, it’s not like he’s ever gonna make a villain, a queen.” Jane smirked before she, Audrey, and Serenity left to their table.

“And to think we actually helped her out.” I mumbled in disbelief. Mal looked fed up with their crap before getting out her spellbook.

“Beware, forswear, undo Jane’s hair.” Waving her finger, she casted the spell, and the oh-so-lovely screams of surprise at the result filled my ears. Getting out of our seats, we turned to Audrey and her group of friends. Seeing Jane back to her bob hairstyle made me bit back a giggle.

“Looks like karma is a bitch, Jane.” I pouted mockingly.

“And there’s more where that came from.” Mal replied. Audrey scoffed with a scowl.

“Excuse me, who do you think you are?” Audrey sassed.

“Does it look like she’s/ I’m kidding?” Mal and I responded in unison before she reopened her book to prove a point. Not wanting to end up like Jane (which was a smart move for those who asked Mal to do their hair) Audrey and the rest quickly scurried off. 

“I’m really looking forward to Friday. Let’s grab that wand and blow this popsicle stand.” Mal breathed out in relief and exhaustion. The others nodded in agreement, though I could tell it was begrudgingly because I knew deep down they didn’t want to leave or fav their parents. I, on the other hand, was distracted by the figure that was coming closer to us until he was standing right before us.

“May I speak to Nevaeh for a moment, kids?” My dad asked, looking intensely at me. Not really having a say in the matter, the other four nodded their heads before walking away.

“Walk with me.” He said once they were gone, his tone sounding a bit hoarse as he blinked his eyes…wait a minute.

“Are you…Are you crying?” I asked, shocked.

“Of course I’m crying, damn it! I find out I have a daughter, only to also find out that some bastard has been stalking and harassing you.” He explained. I looked down at the ground.

“It’s been happening since I started my first day here,” I said, voice almost a whisper.

“I was going to tell you, but we had just met and I didn’t know how to bring up such a sensitive topic.” I rushed out, tears pricking my eyes. I didn’t want him to be mad or upset.

“I can handle myself, besides, i-it’s over now a-and Chad is getting expelled, s-so there’s no need to worry a-anymore.” I stuttered, trying to sound okay, trying to be strong. Suddenly, I was engulfed in a big hug by him.

“Nevaeh, I know I haven’t been in your life for very long, but I’m more than happy to be the father you’ve needed as long as you’ll have me. You’re a part of me, mi hija, and I will always want to protect you. Don’t be afraid to tell me anything you think or know is important to you. Alright?” He asked after saying all those words that brought tears to my eyes. I nodded my head and just enjoyed being comforted by my dad.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(A/N: Hey yalllllll!!!!!

So, what do we think? I dont remember what the exact number is but I know the word count for family day Chaos pts. 1-3, was a total of somewhere around 5,020 words.😳😱

Don't we just love protective and loving parents?

Also, I really didn't like how Jane was acting in this scene. People get their hair done and then wanna start acting sense.

Anyways, thoughts? Comments? Make sure you follow me on!😳🥰