Chapter 28: 😳Close Call😑

(Nevaeh's outfit for the day, but replace the jacket in the pic with her black one fro previous chaps.^^)

The next day came and I practically had to force myself to focus on my schoolwork, trying to not let yesterday's events distract me.

I was currently at my locker, getting my chemistry notebook and notes to review before it was time for me to head to Mr. Delay's classroom when Ben came up to me.

"Hey, ma reine," He smiled.

"Hi, beasty," I blushed.

"Are you-" He was then cut off when Evie came rushing up to me, a nervous, panicked look on her face.

"V, you have to help me!" She cried.

"What's wrong, E?" I asked her, worried.

"I can't find my mirror!" She exclaimed.

"Sorry, Ben. We'll talk later." I gave him a small smile before helping Evie look for her magic mirror.

~Time Skip~

I was currently taking the chemistry test in Mr. Delay's class when the sound of rummaging got my attention.

"Looking for something?" Mr. Delay asked, almost sounding smug. Evie stopped looking through her purse beside me to look up, like a deer caught in the headlights.

Then, to my utter amazement, Mr. Delay took out her magic mirror from behind his back.

"How did you get that?" I asked, glaring at him.

"Ms. Queen, go back to taking your test," He said.

"Thank you, Chad. It's gratifying to still see someone respect the honor code," He congratulated Chad. The stupid prince had the guts, no, the NERVE to smirk at Evie.

"It will be my recommendation that you be expelled." Mr. Delay finished. Never more have I ever wanted to use magic on someone more than I did right now.

"That isn't fair! Obviously, she wasn't cheating since she didn't have.. Whatever that is." Doug defended Evie.

'Eeek! So cute and I would love to see them get together.' I thought.

"I think the bigger question here is how on earth did Chad get his hands on it and how do you plan on expelling her if you don't have any proof or witness that she was even using it to cheat?" I asked skeptically. Mr. Delay began to slightly sweat, avoiding my gaze.

'Why do most of the teachers here have to be so prejudice and rude? Already trying to get Evie expelled!' I thought, angrily.

"Please give her another chance?" Doug pleaded.

"If you manage to pass this test, then I'll give you back your belongings." Mr. Delay said before dropping the matter.

'Damn right you will.' I thought darkly before resuming my test as well. Evie glared at Chad heavily before Doug bumped shoulders with her to get her to focus.

 Evie glared at Chad heavily before Doug bumped shoulders with her to get her to focus