Chapter 36: 💜Mission: Find My Father pt.2💜

So it began. The next morning, I got ready, wearing a long sleeved, navy blue top, paired with a black skirt that had sparkly, blue roses, black mesh tights, and black hightops.

Flipping my hair over my left shoulder, I grabbed my purse before leaving my dorm. Before classes were set to begin, I went to have a talk with Fairy godmother about why Ben and I wouldn't be in our classes for the next day or two.

"Explain to me one more time what it is you want to do?" Asked F.G. I internally sighed.

"I'm asking to have excused absences on behalf of Ben and I because he's going to be helping me find my father as part of my French Family Tree project." I re-explained.

"How do you know he's not on the Isle?" She asked. Wow, she really just asked that. Now, it's like she wants to find every way possible for me to be fully evil.

"I know because I know my mother and I know the men on the Isle, none of them meet the expectations of a husband she would have. So?" I pressed.

"Alright. You and Ben can be excused for the next two days from your classes." She said.

"Thank you." I smiled. After that, I left her office and began to make my way down to the cafeteria for breakfast, only to run into Esme (not literally, of course).

"Oh! Nevaeh, hi. Sorry for bumping into you." She smiled.

"Hi, Esme, and no problem, it's cool. Where are you headed?" I asked her.

"Cafeteria, you?" She asked.

"Same. Wanna sit with my friends and I?" I asked her as we made our way to the cafeteria, the semi-loud sounds of morning chatter fluttering around the air.

"Only if it's cool with you and the others." She said. Nodding my head, we grabbed our breakfast before heading to where my friends sat.

Ever since Raelynn and Mal started hanging out more, us VKs have moved over to where Lonnie and her friends sit.

"Hey, guys, this is Esme. Is it okay if she sits with us?" I asked.

"Yeah, of course." Lonnie said and everyone else didn't seem to mind.

Sitting down, Esme sat next to me and across from Justine. After eating and talking, the bell rang. Once I got my books for my morning classes, I waved goodbye to those who I don't share a class with, and went to class with those that I do.

XXX

With classes now over, I waited for Ben in my dorm so we could begin looking for clues. With Lonnie not in the room, I used the time alone to practice other areas of my magic, like electrokinesis. Seeing the dark blue bolts sparking to life at my fingertips made me smile.

*knock knock*

The sudden noise surprised me and I lost control, the sound of electricity shocked throughout the room as I accidentally struck one of the pillows on my bed. The impact had caused the object to burst open, letting thousands of little, white feathers out into the air.

(A/N: above is how nevs electric powers are displayed, but navy blue^^)

"Coming!" I announced, getting off my bed and going to the door. Opening it, I was met with my favorite pair of hazel eyes. Letting him in, I then closed the door.

"And what exactly were you doing before I arrived?" Ben asked, turning to look at me with an amused expression on his face. I shrugged my shoulders as a coat of blush began to spread across my cheeks.

"I was trying out my other powers since I don't use them as much." I explained, going back to sitting on my bed.

"So... you killed your pillow?" He asked, gesturing to the now ruined pillow and the mess it left behind on my bed.

"I was surprised and lost control." I pouted. Laughing, he pulled me up from the bed, and placed his hands on my waist. "How would we even find him, I mean, we don't have much to go off of?" I asked as we separated.

"What about your mother? Did she ever mention him or give you any clues?" Ben asked as we made our way to my bed. Tilting my head, I gave a little shrug.

"I don't know, but maybe we could look in the spellbook she gave me." I replied, heading over to where I hid my spellbook for safekeeping.

Once retrieved, I walked over to where Ben was sitting patiently on my bed, and sat on his lap sideways with his hands going to my hips. Hovering my hand over the diamond near the top, the gem sensed my magic bloodline and began to glow a dark blue, as did the diamond on the lock.

"Wow, does it only respond to magical users or just you?" Ben asked, his voice sounding in awe.

"Just me, well, people in my family that is, so technically Evie could open it, too." I replied, opening the leathery book.

"Evie has magic?" He asked, confused.

"Oh, definitely. It's just that she wasn't taught how to use it and likes to be dependent on her skills. I have no doubt that she could brew up any potion if she wanted to, given she had the right ingredients, of course." I said.

He nodded his head in understanding. As I flipped through the pages, pausing every now and then when a certain page caught my eye, a piece of faded parchment fell out of the book.

"What's that?" Ben asked.

"I don't know." I shrugged. Getting off of his lap bent down to get the fallen item. Once I got it, I opened it to reveal a note written in the elegant handwriting of my mother.

"Nevaeh, in case you've found this, I can only assume that you're looking for HIM. I won't tell you his name, but I will tell you where you can find him by following this clue: In a fairytale land of great renown, lies a rushing, sapphire pool that will astound. A castle where a prince lost his maiden to the real world, their love never true. A place where I first had you." I read aloud.

"Classic mom, never makes things easy." I mumbled, closing the book, but keeping the clue in hand.

She's always testing my intelligence, which is both a good thing and a bad thing; good in the sense that it's partly why I'm so smart and bad because it gets annoying after a while.

"We could skip all of this and just take a blood test, if you want?" Ben suggested.

"No, no I wanna do this the way she intended." I got up to put the spell book back in its place.

"If we can't figure it out, then I'll do the blood test, but Ben," I paused to turn to him.

"I don't want to string you along on what might be a wild goose chase. You don't have to help me." I said. Not knowing where all this could lead me, I wanted to let him know he had a choice. Walking up to me, he cupped my cheeks before placing a kiss on my forehead.

"I promised you that I'd be the best boyfriend I could be. I'd follow you anywhere if it meant you were happy, ma reine." He said.

I smiled gratefully at him before giving him a small kiss. Suddenly, the slightly tense atmosphere changed when he took a step back, whipping his hair dramatically, and striking a superman pose, fists at his hips.

"Call me Benjamin Holmes, world's greatest detective!" Ben exclaimed. Giggling, I shook my head playfully at him.

"I think I'll stick to calling you beasty, mon roi." I smiled. He pouted a bit before nodding in agreement.

"So, got any ideas on where it is she could be talking about?" He asked. Placing my index finger and thumb under my chin, I began to pace a little.

"Lost maiden... sapphire pool..." I repeated the words, trying to piece together the clue.

"What if the 'sapphire pool' is actually a waterfall?" Ben suggested. I nodded in agreement.

"Where she first had me..." I muttered. Suddenly, realization hit me as my eyes went wide, a gasp leaving my lips.

"What is it? Did you solve it?" Ben asked, coming up to me. Gulping, I nodded my head, anxiety washing over me in waves.

"W-we have to go t-to her home... the Kingdom of A-Andalasia." I replied, my voice a little above a whisper.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Wooo! Guys, the journey is ON! Next stop.. Andalasia! What did u think about the clue left for Nevaeh? I tried my best. For those who don't know or remember, it's the kingdom that Enchanted took place in. But yeah. Thanks for being patient, guys and I'll see u in the next chapter 🥰😊

~Xoxo Queenie 👑💜