Chapter 24: 📕History Rivalry 📕

*Nevaeh's P.o.v*

After my encounter with Ben (and once I was able to calm down) I made my way over to History class with Mrs. Zanir.

Upon entering the room, I'm stuck meeting Audrey's gaze. I hear her scoff and see her shaking her head at me with disdain. I mentally roll my eyes.

'Honestly, I'm done with Audrey's crap and childish behavior. She needs to grow up.' I thought to myself as I took a seat in the middle row and a bit ways away from Audrey.

Once class started, the teacher began discussing the History of Auradon, a topic I already knew about. As she taught, I found myself thinking about what Ben said earlier about how he likes seeing me blush.

"I hope you're paying attention in my class, Ms. Queen." Said Mrs. Zanir. I took my fist down to look at her; she had her eyebrows raised at me expectantly.

"Oh, I am. It's just that I already know pretty much the entire history of Auradon." I spoke softly.

"Is that so?" She asked, an eyebrow raised.

"And how, pray tell, do you have such extensive knowledge, Ms. Queen?" She asked with a glare.

'Well, momma didn't raise no fool, that's for sure.' I thought as I straightened up.

That's when I noticed everyone was looking at me.

"Well, given how Auradon shares all of its news to the Isle, us VKs have had some access to how life works here. And you can imagine that our parents told us about Auradon's origins. They also told us about how the Isle of the Lost was formed, of which Mrs. Zanir is a major part of Auradon history. So I think I know the basics, which I believe, is what your current lesson is about." I said.

"So you think you can not pay attention in my class?" She asked while (still) glaring at me.

"Well, I didn't say that. I am listening, Mrs. Zanir, but my mind has already absorbed the information you're putting out." I explained.

Suddenly, Audrey begins to speak up, completely cutting into a conversation that wasn't hers to begin with. Rude.

"I'm so sorry, Mrs. Zanir, that some people don't value the knowledge that you're giving us." She said with a pout.

'Of course, play the innocent act.' I thought. No one really asked for her input, so technically she's being rude and interrupting a conversation.

'She needs to revisit etiquette class because obviously she didn't pass.' I thought. Mentally scoffing, I returned my attention back to the teacher.

"Like I previously stated, Mrs. Zanir, I have the utmost respect for you and the subject you're teaching. History happens to be a favorite subject I find most enjoyable, though, I personally apologize for any disrespect on my part." I said smoothly and sincerely.

The teacher looked taken aback and Audrey simply scoffed.

"Nevaeh, you mention that on the Isle you learned about Auradon. What was life like there?" Asked a girl with curly brown hair, light colored skin, and wearing a purple, long skirt with a white off the shoulder top.

"Esme, you didn't raise your hand," Mrs. Zanir said before addressing me.

"But yes, Ms. Queen, I, too, am intrigued and since you already know the basics of Auradon, you wouldn't mind sharing the basics of the Isle of the Lost." She said.

Much to Audrey's dismay (not that I could really care), the teacher basically gave me the floor while gesturing for me to come up front.

While up front and teaching (sort of), I glossed over and summarized some things the best I could while also answering questions they had.

Throughout this, Audrey made several attempts at commenting something, trying to break my confidence, but by the end even she looked slightly intrigued.

"Well, Ms. Queen, I think I speak for everyone when I say that was very informative and interesting as well. Well done, class dismissed." Said Mrs. Zanir once the bell rang.

As I packed up my things and made my way to the door, someone called out to me.

"Nevaeh! Wait up!" A voice said, so I did.

"We haven't properly met. I'm Esme, daughter of Esmeralda." The girl from before siad.

"Nice to meet you." I smiled.

"You seem like a cool person. Here's my number if you ever want to hang out sometime." She said, handing me a slip of paper.

"Of course." I smiled. After that interaction, we parted ways. I went to my locker to return my books.
~~~~~~~'~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vanessa Hudgens as Esme

And her outfit, imagine the top is an off-the-shoulder one, thx