Chapter 10: 📕First Day of Classes📕

It took us a little bit, but we were able to get to ourEnglish/Grammar classroom-which was taught by some lady named Ms. Ella- on time. I saw Lonnie, Ben, Jane, Junstine, and... ugh, Audrey. Ignoring her, I waved to Ben and Lonnie before taking a seat next to Jane.

"Great, now I have to share a class with not one, but two VKs." Audrey grumbled; Carlos and I ignored her comment while rolling our eyes. Soon a middle aged woman entered the classroom. She had light skin, brown eyes, and brunette hair that was just a little above her shoulders; she wore a creamish white looking pencil dress, a black leather belt that had a brown buckle, nude/light brownish pointy heels, and was carrying a blueish-grey handbag.

Once she was settled, she began to do attendance

"Audrey?" She called out.

"Here." Said Audrey. This continued on until she was finished, completely either missing or skipping over me and Carlos. I was just as confused as Carlos, but even more so when I saw the teacher's reaction to when Carlos raised his hand.

"Um, Miss? You forgot me and Nevaeh." Carlos said shyly because she was practically glaring daggers at him.

"Who?" She asked with a raised brow from her desk. I decided to take a stab at this. I stood up from my seat with grace and gestured to myself and Carlos.

"I'm Nevaeh Queen and that's Carlos de Vil. We're your new transfer students, ma'am. You didn't call us when you were taking attendance, so we assumed that either your attendance roster hasn't been updated to include us, in which I doubt that's the case, or that you just didn't want to call on us." I said. I saw her look over her class roster before looking back at me.

"Ah, there you are... Nevaeh Queen and... Carlos de Vil," She took a mini pause before saying Carlos' name. She gave me a fake smile.

"Seems I merely missed it. You may have a seat now, Ms. Queen. And to the both of you...welcome to my class." She said, I sat back in my seat, ready to take notes.

From where I was sitting, I looked over at her desk and by using magic, allowing my eyes to glow blue, I scanned her desk for the roster. Once I found it, I saw that our names (Carlos and I's) were there in bold ink, she just didn't like us being here so she purposefully skipped over our names. Rude.

XXX

*No One's P.o.v*

"Okay, class, today we'll be reading, discussing, and answering questions on the book Animal Farm, by author George Orwell. Has anyone here previously heard of or have read this kind of book?" Miss Ella asked the class. Ben raised his hand and waited to get called on.

"Yes, Ben?"

"I've heard about it from my mother. She said it was one of her favorites." Ben explained.

"And after today, maybe you'll understand why." The teacher smiled as she passed out books. When coming to drop off the book at Nevaeh's desk, she gave a subtle glare, much to the young princess' dismay. It didn't take long before they started reading the novel.