Chapter 27: 🧐"Did I Mention?"🤔

*3rd Person P.o.v*

Ben, Audrey and Serenity had just turned the corner by the lockers, the former quickly going to his own while the other two dwindled upon noticing a group of girls by the picnic benches with new (amazing) hairstyles. Not that long after the first trio Mal, Nevaeh and Jay round the corner to go to their lockers.

"Look, it's Mal! Hi, Mal!" One of the girls at the picnic table exclaimed, causing the purple haired fairy to slightly jump.

"I love my hair, Mal!" Another girl said waving up. Mal flashed them a fake smile before turning to get her locker open just as a snicker escaped Nevaeh's lip's.

"I still can't believe you agreed to do all of their hair, granted it was for money, but still." Nevaeh said as she opened her locker.

"Are you guys feeling kinda weird about this? I mean, it's not so bad here." Jay asked with a teasing smirk.

"Are you insane? Long. Live. Evil! You're mean, you're awful, you're bad news. Snap out of it!" Mal exclaimed, snapping fingers in his face as if breaking him out of a trance.

"Huh, thanks, Mal. I needed that." Jay smiled. The two shared a laugh before Jay went to flirt with the girls at the picnic tables.

"Do you think they really paid for those?" Audrey asked Serenity and Ben in hushed whispers, looking over to where Jay was bending over the railing.

"She did it to Jane's hair too and Fairy Godmother is NOT happy about it!" Serenity exclaimed.

"What's the harm?" Ben asked with a small shrug. Serenity and Audrey shared a wide eyed look of astonishment.

"It's gateway magic!" Serenity exclaimed.

"Sure it starts with the hair, next thing you know it's the lips and the legs and the clothes, then everyone looks good, and then where will Serenity and I be?" Audrey asked, finishing her rant with a pout and bat of her eyelashes.

'Honestly, does she only care about herself? Honey, there are bigger problems in the world than having someone look good. And if someone wanting to better their appearance really bothers you THAT much, then you need some help.' Nevaeh thought with an eye roll upon hearing what Audrey had said.

Despite the tourney game being today (and don't get her wrong, she was super excited to cheer, watch, and support Carlos and Jay at their first game), she had a big chemistry test tomorrow in Mr. Delay's class, and for some reason she felt like she wouldn't be able to focus studying a bit tomorrow, so she was reviewing her notes.

She was so busy reviewing that she hadn't noticed Mal, Jay, or anybody else already leave until she felt a tap on her shoulder. Turning around to see who it was, she came face to face with Ben.

"Oh, hi, Ben." Nevaeh said, a bit wide eyed. Noticing their closeness, she took a step back, despite not wanting to.

"Ma reine," Ben said, in an almost pleading way once he saw her back up.

"I didn't know if you still wanted to talk to me." She said, as if explaining why she had backed up from him in the first place, looking him in the eye.

Ben took a step closer before pulling her to him by her hips, a small gasp escaping her lips.

"I'm so so sorry for how I've been acting towards you these past few days, ma reine. I was pushing you away when I wanted nothing more than to hold you in my arms. Can you ever forgive me?" Ben asked with his nose against her neck, slyly breathing in her scent.