Chapter 23: 😍French Fluffiness😍

*Nevaeh's P.o.v*

The weekend went by quickly and soon enough Monday came around. I wore a black, leather skater skirt, black heeled boots that I decorated with small silver studs, and a plaid blue and black crop top.

I switched up my nail color and went for a dark red, wearing my black leather gloves, my blue ring, and my dragon necklace. My makeup was neutral and I left my hair in waves.

I had just entered my French class with Ben tailing behind me

"Bon après-midi, classé.*" Our teacher, Mrs. Laurent spoke in French.

"Today, class, you'll be partnering up to create your own Family Tree. Now, even though you'll be working with a partner, you'll both be creating your own separate trees. The project will be due two days after Prince Ben's coronation at the end of the month, and will be a mastery grade. Bonus points if you or your partner or both can present your works in French. Today and tomorrow will be for you to plan. Now, get started." Mrs. Laurent said.

XXX

"Would you like to be my partner, ma reine?" Ben asked Nevaeh. Smiling, she nodded. The two started working together, mapping out their family tree, though Nevaeh was stuck.

With furrowed brows and the tip of her tongue poking out through her lips, she stared at the paper on her desk.

"How's your day been so far, mon fleur?" Ben asked. When he didn't get a response, he looked across from his work towards her. As he took in her concentrated expression, he found the way her tongue stuck out against the corner of her mouth to be adorable.

"Ma reine," He called out to her once more, this time earning a response as she looked up and hummed in response.

"I asked how your day was going so far?" Ben repeated. Smiling lightly, she turned back to her family tree.

"It's been good actually. We made chocolate chip and velvet cookies in Home Ec. today." She said with a smile.

"You'll have to make me some, some other time." Ben said, a small smile on his face.

"Of course," She said lightly before suddenly getting up.

"Um, I'm going to be right back." She said before leaving her desk. Ben watched her go, his eyebrows creasing together.

'Is she okay? She doesn't seem like it.' He thought as he watched her having a talk with their teacher.

'What if she finally got tired of me and is asking to switch partners?' Ben thought, suddenly becoming self-conscious as he looked at the girl he loved with worried eyes.

XXX

Leaving Ben, I went over to Mrs. Laurent's desk.

"Nevaeh! What can I do for you, darling?" She asked. To be honest, she's one of my favorite teachers here in Auradon, and she gives out chocolate!

"Hi, I wanted to ask a question about the assignment. Growing up on the Isle, I've only ever known my mother's side of the family. Is it okay if I just do that?" I asked politely.

"Huh, you're right. I'm sorry, I forgot about that small detail. Of course, darling. Whatever you can gather and be able to present when it's due is fine with me. Thank you for bringing that up to me. Chocolate?" She said before offering me a chocolate bar. You know me, I graciously took said chocolate.

"Merci*." I giggled, before returning to my desk. Picking up my notebook and pen, I sat on the desk instead.

"Nevaeh, you don't have to be my partner if you don't want to." Ben blurted.

"What?!" I asked incredulously as my eyes widened. Why in Hades' name would he think that? He started to fiddle with his pencil. I reached over and grabbed his hand in mine, forcing him to stop his fiddling."

"I'm sorry, mon roi. I didn't mean to make you feel that way. I was just worried about the project since I've only known half of my family. I still want to be your partner." I pouted while playing with his Beast ring on his hand.

"That's a relief." He sighed. He stood up to stretch, my eyes taking notice of how- even though concealed by his royal blue suit- his muscles stretched the material just right.

"How about you? Everything okay on your end?" I asked, gently biting my bottom lip.

"Just a little stressed." He replied, his eyes darkening a bit and focused on my lips. I got off my desk, set my things back on top of it before coming to his side. I stood in front of his desk.

"You look like you could use a hug." I smiled, tilting his chin up to look at me since he was back to sitting in his seat.

"And she's back. I'm certainly not opposed to one, especially if it's from you." He smirked.

I mimicked his expression and watched as he came around the desk towards me. I wrapped my arms around him as his arms circled around my waist, pulling me into his chest, a small giggle escaping my lips as I felt his grip tighten slightly.

Nobody paid us any mind, that is, I thought nobody did. When I looked off to the side, I saw Mrs. Laurent smiled cheekily in our direction.

"I ship you two so hard!" She mouthed with a smirk and a wink.

I felt Ben take a deep breath before leaning to graze my ear with his mouth.

"Tu sens céleste. (You smell heavenly)." He said, his voice sounding deep and husky.

'Oh, shit! I think we just found another thing that turns me on.' My subconscious thought. The way his voice sounds as the words in French rolled off his tongue had my insides melting.

"W-What does that mean?" I asked, feeling myself blush.

"Mm, that's for me to know and for you to find out." He whispered, sending shivers down my spine.

We stayed like this for a bit more before returning to our projects, the sensual tension lingering between us. Once the bell rang, we packed up our things, said goodbye to Mrs. Laurent (who shot me a wink), and left the classroom.

"Ugh, I'm dreading history class next." I said as Ben and I made our way to my locker.

"I think you'll survive." He said with a smirk.

"I hope you're right, I'm too young to die." I pouted while swapping out my French book for my history book.

"And too beautiful." Ben adds. Looking away, I try to hide the blush that was forming on my cheeks, only for him to cup my chin and have me face him.

"I like seeing you blush." He said, the smirk never leaving his lips. I didn't think it was possible, but I felt myself blush even more! Closing my locker, I glanced at him before quickly leaving.

'I pray that the gods aren't messing with me and that this isn't just some game.' I thought, allowing my heart rate to slow down.