Chapter 9: 😇Remedial Goodness 101😇

Upon entering, I saw that I was the first one to arrive. Fairy Godmother had her back turned while writing something on the blackboard so she didn't see me enter. I sat down at a desk in the second row on the left side in the front.

'Shit! I didn't bring my binder, books, or anything to write with!' I thought.

'A princess is always prepared, Nevaeh, even when she's not expecting it.' I could hear the disappointed voice of my mother ring inside my head, making me frown. Then, I had a light bulb moment.

"Duh! I have my magic! Silly me." I mouthed to myself while rolling my eyes.

"Tools I need for today, accessible at my fingertips, are granted to me, once these words fall from my lips!" I casted the spell and with a swish of my hand blue sparkles shimmered as two thin binders (navy blue and emerald green), a black notebook with a silver cursive capital 'N' and 'Q', and a blue mechanical pencil appeared onto my desk.

I smiled to myself, pleased at my skills in magic, but a small shriek from Fairy Godmother brought me back.

"Goodness! You scared me!" She gasped. I gave her a sheepish smile and wave. It wasn't long before the others arrived and took their seats; Mal and Evie sat at the table in front of me while Jay and Carlos sat at the one close to the right.

~Time Skip~

We've been in this class for almost an hour and I was getting bored. Halfway into the start of the class, I gave up on writing notes myself and instead enchanted my pencil to take them for me while I sketched out a new design.

"If someone hands you a crying baby, do you A) Curse it, B) Lock it in a Tower, C) Give it a bottle, or D) Carve out its heart?" Fairy Godmother asked. Evie raised her hand and Fairy Godmother called on her.

"Evie!"

"What was the second one?" Evie asked innocently. I rolled my eyes; I love my cousin and all, but she was taking this whole "dumb princess" act a little too seriously, and the Evil Queen was smart, I'm not going to lie, so why did she not let Evie think the same about herself?

Even if Evie managed to get a prince (not saying she can't), it'd only be a matter of time before they'd get tired of a princess who isn't very intellectual.

"Oh, okay. Anyone else? Nevaeh?" Fairy Godmother asked. I looked up from my sketch with a raised brow.

"Depends what's in the bottle and if that bottle hasn't been tampered with." I said. She looked at me confused. I mentally rolled my eyes.

"I'm sorry, what?" She asked.

"I could give the baby a bottle, but what's inside might not be good for it. Hercules ring a bell?" I asked. Realization appeared in her eyes. I was internally shaking my head.

"Milk. The bottle is filled with milk." She clarified.

"Which brings me to my second response. Has it been tampered with?" I asked while looking at my sketch.

"No." She replied. I looked up and smiled.

"Then C, give it a bottle." I said.

"Correct, again." She praised like I was a baby. If anything, I should be praising YOU for coming to realization of something so simple.

"Dang girl, you and Mal are on fire!" Exclaimed Carlos. Oh, yeah, Mal and I have been the only ones answering questions correctly since we started this class.

"Just pick the one that doesn't sound like fun." Mal said in a 'duh' tone.

"Oh!" Carlos and Jay said.

"That makes so much sense." Whispered Evie. I giggled before going back to my sketch. Then, a girl wearing a light blue dress with her black hair in bob walked down the aisle, a squeak leaving her mouth as she passed us.

"Hello, dear one." Fairy Godmother said to the girl.

"Hi, you need to sign an early dismissal for the Coronation." The girl handed Fairy Godmother a clipboard to sign as she looked at us with fear in her eyes. Mal bumped Evie to get her attention.

"Everyone here remembers my daughter, Jane," Fairy Godmother said. I looked at her confused.

'We literally just got here yesterday and just started the day. How would we have known who she was?' I thought while raising a brow.

"Mom, no!" Jane whispered, but was ignored as she was turned to face us.

"It's alright. Jane, this is everyone!" Fairy Godmother said. I gave her a small wave and a smile.

'It's honestly adorable how easily scared of us she is.' I thought.

"Hi," She said. No response was given back.

"That's okay, don't mind me. As you were." She said before scurrying off, a squeak once again leaving her lips.

"Let's continue. You find a vial of poison, do you: A) Put it in the King's wine, B) Paint it on an apple, or C) Turn it over to the proper authorities?" Fairy Godmother asked. Evie and Mal (along with myself) laughed at the apple reference. Then, Carlos and Jay both shot their hands up, but Jay shoved Carlos down.

"Jay." Fairy Godmother chose.

"C. You turn it over to the proper authorities." Jay said smugly.

"I was gonna say that!" Carlos grumbled as he hit Jay's chest.

"Oh! But I said it first!" Jay cooed before proceeding to give Carlos a noogie on his head. They continued to play fight (can you even call it that if one is protesting?) before Fairy Godmother tried to get their attention. Evie was touching up her lipstick and Mal went back to drawing.

"Boys... Boys!" She raised her voice, grabbing both boys' attention.

"I am gonna encourage you to use that energy on the tourney field." She said.

"Oh, no that's okay.. Whatever that is , we'll pass." Carlos rejected with a smile. A few more minutes passed before the bell rang and we were dismissed. I gathered my things and followed the others.

"What's your next class?" Asked Mal.

"Honors English/Grammar." I said.

"Me too." Replied Carlos as we gave each other a fist bump.

"I have Art, what about you, E?" Mal asked.

'Ooo, I wonder if she'll meet Raelynn at some point.' I thought to myself ever since Raelynn said that she thought Mal was cute.

"History of Woodsmen and Pirates." Replied Evie.

"I have Chemistry." Said Jay. We all separated (minus Carlos who stayed with me) to go find our next class.