19

"My husband doesn't pay any attention to me!" - is the most common complaint we hear from women.

It should be understood that a wife has every right to her husband's company, to have his attention, to educate her, to help her with her religion, and to participate in raising her children and running her household.

How strange, then, that most men consider the education of strangers to be of higher value than that of their wives and children.

Discussing with his brothers, giving lessons in fiqh to his brothers, teaching his morals, all this in front of strangers, while there is a wife who may also enjoy a pleasant memory that warms the heart.

A wife is stuck in the whirlpool of housework, she would like at least sometimes to distract herself from cooking and cleaning and just talk with her husband about everything in the world.

It would be better if the men realize this and become more attentive to their wives. It is better if the couple understands this and does not leave them alone every day feeling unworthy.

'Amr Ibn Qais رضي الله عنه said:

"Verily, a wife will argue with her husband before Allah on the Day of Resurrection, saying, 'He did not educate me or teach me anything. Instead, he used to bring me bread from the market."

Tafsir as-Sam'ani, 5/475

It is narrated from A'isha رضي الله عنها that the Messenger of Allah ﷺ said:

"The best of you is the best to his wives, and I am the best of you to my wives, and if your companion dies, leave him alone."

Jami' at-Tirmidhi, 3895

Didn't the Prophet ﷺ make time for his wives, talk to them and play with them?

Pay attention to your wives.