106

Ibn al-Jawza, رحمه الله, said:

"If you find yourself in a quandary from which it is difficult to get out, the only thing you can do is to make dua and ask Allah for refuge after you have repented of your sins, because sin requires punishment.

Thus, when sins are forgiven, the reason for punishment no longer exists.

And if you have repented and made Dua, but see no sign of an answer, look at your deeds. Maybe the repentance was wrong, then correct it, then make Dua again and never get tired of making Dua.

Maybe the benefit is precisely in delaying an answer and maybe the benefit is in not answering, so that you can be rewarded and get an answer in a way that is most beneficial to you. And maybe the benefit is that you don't get what you asked for, but you get something else in return.

So if Iblis comes to you and says:

"How many times have you cried out to Him, but you never got an answer!",

you say:

"I worship Allah by making Dua, and I am sure that the answer will come. Maybe there is good for me in the delay of an answer, and even if there is no answer, my worship and humility have already taken place."

Therefore, do not ask for anything except by combining it with asking for what is better, because the emergence of many worldly desires was the cause of ruin."

Saidul Hatir, 249