139

The three types of hearts

There is no fourth kind.

The first kind of heart is the pure heart, which is God-fearing.

The heart was free from jealousy and boasting in the religious affairs.
The Muslim is good in the affairs between himself and his Lord & in the affairs between himself and the people.

He worships Allah as if he sees Him.
He behaves towards others as if he knows Allah sees him and his deeds.

"And do good, Allah loves those who do good."

Surah al Baqara verse 196

And this kind of heart is closest to Allah and most beneficial to people.

The second kind of heart is the widespread heart which has no good. It turns away from the signs and proofs of Allah. It listens to the tools of Shaytan and his devilish whispers.

"...And that they said, "Our hearts are sealed.""

Sura al Nisa verse 155

This means that the heart does not understand and accept the truth.

"Nay, rather Allah has cursed them (hearts) for their disbelief, how little they believe."

Surah al Baqara verse 88

The third kind of heart is which has good and but also bad. The heart becomes good or bad depending on which side defeats the other. If it has goodness of heart but as much badness, then it belongs to the side that conquers.

If the good deeds prevail, one will belong to the saved, and if the bad deeds prevail, one will belong to the destroyed.