28

Why do our prayers of petition go unanswered?

Because we recognized Allah but did not obey Him. We came to know the Messenger, but did not follow his way. We read the Quran, but we do not act according to its laws. We use the favor of Allah, but we do not thank Him for it. We have recognized Paradise, but we do not strive for it; we have recognized Hell, but we do not fear it. We have recognized the Shaitan, but we are not hostile with him, we agree with him. We have seen death, but we do not prepare for it, we bury our dead, but we do not learn from this lesson for ourselves.

We have forgotten our shortcomings and deal with other people's shortcomings.

Everyone who calls out to Allah knows that Duaa soothes a person's soul and makes it easier for him to endure difficulties. This indicates that the duaa has been accepted.

Your Lord says, "Call upon Me and I will hear you."

Sura Ghāfir verse 60

"Or (is better) Who hears the one in distress when he calls upon Him and takes away the evil and makes you followers (on) the earth? Is there then any (other) god besides Allah? How little ye consider!"

Sura an-Naml verse 62

Do not ask your needs of the descendant of Adam. Ask the One whose doors are always open to the questioner.

Allah will be angry if you stop asking Him. Do not ask those who have closed the doors, but ask the One whose doors are always open. He commands you to ask Him and promises that your prayer will be answered. Ask Allah sincerely with all your heart with the hope that He will hear and fulfill your request because He is Generous, Clear and Merciful.