36

Seven wisdoms that Pharaoh taught us:

1. We have learned from you that the predestination of Allah is inevitable: you killed thousands of children so that Musa would not appear, and when he came, you raised him in your palace.

2. We have learned from you that the hearts of men are in the hands of Allah, not of men. When you took Musa's heart from his mother, Allah softened your wife's heart with regard to him. You wanted to deprive him of his mother, and Allah gave him a second mother in addition, your wife.

3. We have learned from you that no one can spoil another. In the palace where you said, "I am your Almighty Lord," in the next room Asya was your wife, who said, "Most Holy Allah Almighty."

4. We have learned from you that home is a secret. Husband and wife can live under one roof, but they are strangers to each other. Husband and wife are connected by a heart, not by a common roof.

5. We have learned from you that a whole army cannot force a believer to abandon his faith: The sorcerers were not afraid of your troops and the servants of Allah were not afraid of boiling oil.

6. We have learned from you that slaves create tyrants for themselves, and you could not have sat on the hand of your people if they, your slaves had not bowed down to you.

7. We have learned from you that when Allah wants to help a servant, He will do so even with a stick that before was only fit to lean on and drive the cattle with. And if He wants to help the slaves, He will help them even if they are in the center of His forces.