119

"Do not think that Allah is unaware of what the wrongdoers do. He only delays them until a Day when ˹their˺ eyes will stare in horror."

Sure Ibrāhim verse 42

Think not that Allah knows not what the wrongdoers do. He only gives them respite until the Day their eyes are rolled up. This revelation is a dire warning to the unjust oppressors and a comfort to the unjust and oppressed. Allah grants a reprieve to the unjust and bestows on them numerous benefits and gives them a sense of security, but this in no way means that they are righteous people. An unrighteous person is given a reprieve so that their sins become more grievous, and when Allah Almighty seizes them, they can no longer escape punishment.

The Almighty said:

"Such is the ˹crushing˺ grip of your Lord when He seizes the societies entrenched in wrongdoing. Indeed, His grip is ˹terribly˺ painful and severe."

Sura Hūd verse 102

It should be noted that injustice in the ayat under discussion refers to the failure to perform the duties of a servant before the Lord and the unjust treatment of slaves. Sinners who possess such qualities are granted respite until the day when people's eyes will freeze from the horror of what they see.

May Allah Almighty help our brothers and sisters of the Palestinians, Syrians, Iraqis, Afghans and around the world who are defending our holy land in these difficult days. May Allah Almighty give them firm faith and strength to show resilience in the face of the tyrant of today.

O Allah, Who has sent down the Scripture and is swift in reckoning, defeat these people, O Allah, smite them and shake them.