46

Our Prophet ﷺ is our example, who spent long hours at night in prayer and wakefulness until the time of Fajr. This is reliably known about him both in his teachings and in his life, such as how he did not like to sleep before the isha prayer and did not like useless conversations after it. He advised his companions and all Muslims not to do this.

The Companions, ‏رضوان الله تعالى ‏عليهم, knew what causes laziness and what prevented the observance of the Fajr prayer in their day and warned people and warned them against it. It is reported that the Prophet ‎ﷺ said:

"If you are unable to pray at night, it is a clear sign that your sins have shackled you and deprived you of good deeds."

Hasan al-Basri was asked, "Why can't we stay awake at night?"

He replied, "You are constrained by your sins."

Motivation is currently lacking among Muslims. When one is required, because of his work or for his own worldly gains, to rise early at dawn, he will no doubt take all the necessary precautions not to miss his appointment. He will lose his peace of mind, as well as be restless in his sleep, only for fear that he may be punished or his wages from being late diminished. When it comes to prayer, they have none of this.

The problem is laziness. Such people do not know what they are missing. The Prophet ‎ﷺ said with regard to those who do not observe the prayers of Isha and Fajr:

"If one of them knew that he would find useful food or two good deeds, he would certainly come to the prayers of Isha and Fajr."

Sunan Ibn Majah, 6/796

In general, for him who sincerely wishes, to purify his soul from hypocrisy, let him keep away from laziness, be more active, use in practice the actions set forth in our religion, and let him accustom himself to rise on time for Fajr and remember that it brings great reward from Allah.