122

Islam motivates people and teaches them to be optimistic. Many people give up before they even start. They fear in advance that they will have a hard time, that they will not succeed. They are afraid of difficulties and thus conclude that there is no need to take on a case that they cannot handle immediately and at a professional level. But how wrong they are in their judgment.

In an authentic hadith from A'isha (may Allah be pleased with her), it is transmitted that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:

"The one who is proficient in the recitation of the Qur'an will be with the honourable and obedient scribes (angels) and he who recites the Qur'an and finds it difficult to recite, doing his best to recite it in the best way possible, will have two rewards."

Riyad as-Salihin, 994

Islam says that you will be rewarded twice for the difficulties you experience in your new field:

First, you will be rewarded for your diligence in overcoming difficulties in your work - the diligence itself is already rewarded; and second, you will be rewarded for the good work itself. Two in one!

Islam motivates people and teaches them to be optimistic. What you gave up because of the threat of hardship has turned out to be doubly rewarded. And after that comes the coveted professionalism.

Do not be afraid and do not give up.