Making Up

"So will you tell me about school?"

"Thought we were talking about us?"

"I said what I needed to, I needed you to know how I really feel for you, I know it will take time to even begin our friendship again let alone a relationship, so I will wait for you to be ready, I'm not pushing my luck, and I broke your heart and your trust." I nodded as I leaned back on him, his arms automatically wrapping around my waist.

"Well school is good, your sister has helped me get some extra credits so I am about six away from being considered a sophomore."

"In 6 months there."

"Well I didn't do much other than going to class and do school work so I have lots of time, was bored, and more I did less time to think."

"Are you good, taking on so much?"

"I stress at times but other than that ok I guess, my grades are good so I guess I'm doing good."

"Are you going back?"

"Yes, in a few weeks then I'll be back in three months for a few months before having to go back, but I think I'm going to lighten up what I take."

"To what."

"Probably just psychology and Native American studies, I'm not really into French too much, although I could get a free trip to France."

"You're going to France."

"No Jake, I could go though, I mean they have a program to spend 6 months abroad studying, I just I'm not sure I could do it." Jake nodded as he took in what I had said, I could see the hurt quickly cross his face at the thought of me leaving. What I hadn't shared was the idea of taking online classes and staying home, it had been in my mind since I came back.

"So what about you? Where did you go?"

"Canada, Embry told me you said you caught my scent there before you left, what made you not follow it."

"You wanted to be left alone; you left for a reason so I gave you that."

"Thank you, and I'm sorry again."

"Jacob don't apologize for how you feel or what you need to do. Did it help?"

"Kind of and kind of not. I mean it helped me clear my mind but I lost you and then when I came home everyone heard it in my mind and it caused us to all become divided."

"Well, I think Seth just solved that problem for everyone."

"Yeah, I think so too."

Jake and I sat talking for a while about everything that we had been through the past few months, finally the dark sky began to slowly lighten and I realized it would be daylight soon.

"Hey, Jake wanna go to your dad's with me?"

"Um ok, that's random."

"Well I notice it's getting pretty late or early depending on how you wanna look at it, but I told Paul I'd be back in a bit and besides your dad misses you and so does Rach. Plus I'll cook."

"Ok deal, but if you have to meet Paul why my house."

"Um, he'll be there."

"Why."

"Ok, I might as well tell you now before you phase in your dad's house."

"What."

"Paul imprinted on Rachel."

"HE WHAT." Jake roared causing even birds to fly from the trees, his voice echoing through the forest, his body shaking as he took a few steps back.

"Jake calm down."

"Don't tell me to calm down." He growled out looking at me with almost black eyes.

"Jacob you know he can't control it."

"I, it doesn't matter, not her."

"Jake think about it, you don't have to lie to her and you have your sister back and she knows, hell you imprinted on me."

"So."

"My brother isn't your biggest fan Jake, yet he has gotten over you being imprinted to me, get over Rach being his, his temper is already better." I touched Jake's arm gently before kissing his cheek, I felt his shaking immediately stop as he pulled me to him. After he calmed down we started walking, after about five minutes I stopped pulling away from Jake and pulling my sweater away from my body, Jake watching me closely.

"What are you doing?"

"Wanna race to your dad's?"

"Sure." I quickly phased and took off seconds later hearing Jake's laughter in my head. "You cheat."

"All is fair in love and supernatural beings." I said laughing

A few minutes later we arrived at Billy's, we were still in the woods, but could see the house, and yes I won. I stopped shifting and throwing my clothes on hearing Jake come to a stop behind me. I felt arms around my waist as Jake ran up grabbing me and spinning around. I let out a shriek as I started giggling as we walked to the porch.