Telling Paul

"Yeah," I said as he helped me up. Jake slid his jacket over my shoulders as we walked out of the Cullen's. on the way back to La Push we walked the trails through the woods hand in hand.

"Are you nervous about what they will think?"

"Yes, Paul is going to try and kill you, Jacob."

"I know." I stopped walking when I heard laughter; we were by Sam and Emily's. Jake sensed my nervousness stopping and walking back up to me.

"Nikole." He said as he lifted my face to meet his.

"Yeah." I said quietly looking into his eyes.

"Don't be scared, it will be ok. Remember you got me. We got this." We walked into Sam and Emily's and everyone stopped. They all looked from Jake to me before my brother damn near knocked Rachel off his lap.

"Nikole!" He yelled hoping up and placing Rachel on the floor. He and everyone stepped towards us causing me to whimper and take a step back. Jake sensed this and moved to stand protectively in front of me growling.

"What the hell Jake back up." Paul said roughly.

"No! Don't crowd her."

"What is your problem?"

"Paul sit down." I said quietly. I looked around Jake's shoulder and into my brother's angry eyes. "Paul come outside with me."

"No Nikole."

"Jacob he is my brother, he won't hurt us."

"He has a bad temper I don't want him."

"Jake! Trust me." I said looking over at Sam. "Order him to not phase, I'll talk to the rest of you in a second but right now I need a few minutes with my brother." I rubbed Jake's arm before turning and going outside. I heard Sam do as I asked and he ordered Paul to stay in control and not phase under any circumstances.

"Nikole, what is going on?" My brother asked coming to stand in front of me.

"Dear god I don't know how to say this, you are going to hate me."

"I love you I could never hate you."

"I hope so." I muttered softly. I knew Paul's temper better than anyone. If anything would make him lose his shit it would be this.

"Nikki, what's wrong? Are you ok?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Then what?"

"Paul I'm pregnant."