Confession

"Nikki." My head jerked up looking at Jake as his voice filled the room; it was low and full of pain. I sat on the floor next to his bed not wanting to hurt him by sitting on the bed.

"Don't talk the right side of your body is shattered."

"I'm sorry Nik."

"Me too."

"Don't leave because of me."

"It's not your fault, I'm going for me. Now rest."

"Nikki is Bella here?" I closed my eyes tightly as he asked me that question. I refused to cry, I jumped as I felt Jake's fingers glide across the scar he had caused.

"Um, I'll go and."

"Nikole I am so so sorry I attacked you like that." I leaned over him bending down and kissing his head softly.

"I love you, Jake." I said looking in his eyes. I then pulled away and walked out. I didn't turn back as Jake yelled my name, more than once. I walked out seeing Bella walking up as everyone was looking at the house, they could hear Jake.

"Bella, um Jacob is asking for you." I said as I walked up to her, causing Sam to step forward. He thought I was going to attack her instead I hugged her whispering in her ear. "Take care of him, he needs you." I said as I rubbed her arm and walked off. I ignored the looks the pack was giving me. I had never embraced or been kind to Bella. I ran home quickly going upstairs and grabbing my bags. When I walked out of my room I bumped into Paul.

"When were you going to tell me Sam was taking you tonight?"

"I wasn't, I didn't want you to hate me more."

"I don't hate you, Nikole, I love you. I'm coming with you." He said grabbing me and hugging me tightly. I felt more arms around me and heard crying. I immediately recognized Jarred and Kim.

"Kimmie don't cry."

"Sorry, I'm going to miss you."

"Same here squirt." I chuckled as I hit him in the ribs.

"Thanks, J."

"Nik does dad know."

"Yes."

"Nikole." I looked up at the front door seeing Sam.

"Nikki you need to go to Jake."

"Sam."

"NIKOLE, he's been yelling damn near nonstop for you since you walked out. Did you not fucking tell her?" He said looking at Paul and Jared.

"Not exactly."

"Tell me what."

"Why didn't you turn around when he yelled for you?"

"I couldn't turn back around, I was losing what control I had, I needed to leave he did not need it."

"You did."

"Sam."

"Nikole after you left and Bella went in, well after like ten minutes we heard Jake yell I love her. When Bella came out she said Jake wanted you. He only wanted Bella to talk to her, she said he told her he had imprinted and was in love with you." The bag I had still been holding onto thudded against the floor as I dropped it. After a few minutes, I shook my head and picked it back up. I couldn't let him stop me, he was just talking crazy while he was in pain and knocked up on medication.

"Nik what are you doing?" Paul asked grabbing my arm and stopping me after I made it down the stairs.

"I have to leave Paul, just because Jacob made some bullshit claim while he is hurt and on pain medication doesn't change anything. I need to go for me."

"He admitted his feelings, you have wanted him forever and know you have him, you're just going to."

"YES PAUL. I'll be back in three months. Sam, can you please give him this." I said handing Sam a letter as I climbed into the back of the car, Paul sitting with, the farther and farther Sam drove the worse I was feeling. Jake just got injured and I'm running away; if there was ever a time he needed me it was now.

"Sam stop." I said sitting up and off Paul. Sam slowly pulled the car over as he looked at me through the rearview mirror.

"What's wrong?"

"He needs me right now; I just can't do that to him. I can't leave him when he needs me."

"So I'm going back to La Push?"

"Please."

"Nikole I swear to god if you decide to turn around when we get back home I'm ripping your head off." Paul grumbled from the backseat. I chuckled leaning back on him.

"Nikki." I looked back up at Sam.

"Yeah."

"I think you made the right decision, he loves you." I softly smiled at Sam as I closed my eyes. I woke up sometime later in a bed, I soon realized I was at home, I guess either Paul or Sam carried me in last night after we made it back. I quickly hopped up and jumped in the shower; after I was done I put on a semi-long turquoise shirt and black leggings. I threw on my black Uggs and ran out the door. I stopped on the porch before turning back and going in. I wrote Paul a fast note and put it the one place he would see; the fridge.

'Paul went to Jake's see you later, love you.- Nik P.S. Thank you for being the best big brother in the world.