Surprise

8 WEEKS LATER- NIKKI POV

I was still thinking back to my honeymoon; Hawaii was the most beautiful place I had ever seen. Jake and I did a lot of sightseeing, went to the Volcano park, beach, went hiking, saw and swam in a waterfall, and ravished each other as much as possible. We were learning a lot about one another and man, he was amazing, and as cliche, as it was were members of the mile high club which I knew my brother would rag on at some point. I still felt on cloud 9 and it seemed like just yesterday we were saying I do. I felt for the young age we were of 20 Jake and I had already been through a lifetime of ups and downs, we had been through so much together much in just the past few years alone. Everything had been quiet lately for the first time in a long time and it was peaceful. I felt a little off. I had been for about a week, at first, I didn't think anything of it until I got really lightheaded yesterday playing basketball with Jake and the guys. Then Alice called me earlier and told me to come to the Cullen's. Arriving she was already waiting for me and gave me a hug.

"I thought you would have figured it out already."

"Alice-"

"What have you not felt different at all."

"A little bit-" I stopped as my jaw dropped everything hitting me at once and Alice giggled as realization struck me. I turned to look at her. "Really?"

"Yes silly."

I followed her as I let Carlise confirm everything and make sure I was ok. We also did a few tests and he did the blood test and told me he would call in a few days with results and also be able to tell me by bloodwork if this baby was a boy or a girl. I had a feeling it was a girl. I went to the store and got a few things. I got a box, some tissue paper, and had a onesie made. It said "I found my prince, his name is daddy." I taped the sonogram picture to the lid and closed it.

I was cooking dinner with Rachel. Alex was in his chair playing, Jake and Paul were both doing patrol.

"So, what's with the box?" I looked at Rachel as I stirred the noodles. Rachel was finishing the salad and garlic bread. I was getting ready to place food in a baking dish. I was making a chicken broccoli alfredo bake. Of course with me and especially the guys I had to make a lot.

"It's a surprise for your brother."

"You guys are cute, how is being married. I mean I know I've asked that a lot-"

"Rach, it's ok and it's good. Honestly, it doesn't seem much different than before but at the same time, it does. I like it, I being married is pretty cool." Rachel nodded smiling. I knew she was thinking about my brother. He has been wanting to ask her for a while but was scared of rushing it; however, the more I watched them the more I knew he needed to get off his ass and ask. He had the ring 6 months ago. "Rach?"

"Yeah?"

"If he asked what would you say?"

"Paul?"

"Mhmm."

"I would say yes in a heartbeat. I know it sounds crazy especially because we haven't been together very long and maybe part of that is our imprint bond but I want him to officially be mine for life. I know he's mine for life but I've always wanted to get married and have a family. Being around you and Jake, it makes me want it more." We both paused as the door opened and I heard the voices of my brother and husband.

"Dada!" I turned smiling at my son who lit up the second his dad came around. Jake was such an amazing father. I turned to place the pans in the oven as my brother kissed Rachel, after he kissed her he gave me a hug and kissed my temple noticing the box on the counter.

"What's that?" He questioned.

"Not yours. I said, causing him to look at me.

"Present dada." Everyone looked at Alex as he spoke, Jacob glancing at me.

'He's right it is for you."

"What is it?"

"A surprise. You can open it if you want." Jake sat Alex down who immediately got his uncle to pick him up. I watched Jake open the box. He looked from it to me and back down again.

"Is this? Are- are you?" He looked back down again at the box. I knew his mannerisms and he looked both excited and ready to cry.

"Yes."

"Yes, what?" Paul asked.

"You sure?" Jake asked looking at me, "And that she-"

"Yes." Jake dropped everything, grabbing me and hugging me tightly.

"What the hell-"

"I'M HAVING A GIRL." Jake yelled in excitement kissing me.

"WHAT!" Paul and Rachel said simultaneously. Paul grabbed the shirt looking at me and smiling showing Rachel.

"This was the surprise?" She asked.

"Yeah, I found out a few days ago and Carlisle did some bloodwork and one test can basically confirm the sex. I wanted to surprise you." I said turning to Jake.

"Surprised."

"Guess you took the whole no condoms thing seriously huh." Paul said joking as we burst out laughing.

"Yeah, I didn't do anything you wouldn't have.'

"Yes, you did because I am not sucking-"

"Paul!" Jake said sternly, pointing at Alex. I groaned looking from Paul to Jake. Fucking wolf telepathy, the pack had seen every private detail of me and Jake. In a way, I felt violated but at the same time knew there wasn't much that could be done about it.

"Could you not think about something else." I said smacking Jake's chest.

"I tried, I slipped a few times." I rolled my eyes as Jake pulled me back into his arms.