Finding Out

4 MONTHS LATER

I sat in Jake's car as he closed the door for me. We were on our way to Carlisle's, we were finding out what we were having. The past four months have been a struggle, to say the least; I transferred to taking online classes so I could stay in La Push, close to Jake. I had gotten a job at the resort we had on the reservation, we got by since we had tourists; Jacob well he got paid by the council for the work he did, all the guys did. As well he took a job as an apprentice mechanic. It was good he liked cars.

Paul and I well he didn't talk to me for another two months, damn near three. It took Rachel and the pack forever to get him to calm down and even stay in the same room if Jake or I were around. We had slowly begun talking again, we weren't close by any means, but it was better than not having him in my life.

"We should have him come to us. There is a house full of."

"Jake, honey I know. It will be fine, besides we are here." I had gained a significant amount of weight. At least I looked and felt like it, Jake opened the door of his car for me and we walked to the door. Edward opened it revealing he and Bella.

"Hi."

"Hey, wow you're getting big."

"Tell me about it." I said smiling as we walked in behind them. The place reeked from all the different scents and it easily explained why so many new kids had phased.

"Jacob, Nikole, it's good to see you again." I smiled at Carlisle as we followed him to his office. I followed the normal routine of check as soon enough we were looking at the small body on the screen, the heartbeat thudding loudly.

"Healthy, the baby weighs a little of two pounds, would you like to know what you're having?" Jake and I glanced at one another before he turned and looked at Carlisle.

"Yes." Jake answered looking at him.

"It looks like you are having... a boy." I smiled brightly as I looked at Jake. He looked in awe as he stared at the screen with tears in his eyes. As Carlisle printed a picture and wiped my stomach off I looked at Jake. He had changed, looked older, even hotter somehow

"Jake, I want to run a name by you." I said looking at him.

"Sure, what is it?"

"Alexander William Black." I said confidently as I looked up at him. Jake took his eyes away for a second as he thought before a huge smile came across his face.

"I love it, how'd you?"

"Paul's middle name is Alexander and William is for his awesome grandfather that he has."

"I love it, it's good." I smiled at him as he opened the door and we walked out. I could hear Edward talking and they were discussing the Volturi issue, and Jake and I stopped when they talked about having to fight if needed.

"Carlisle won't ask, but I will. I am fighting for my family and for the freedom to live my life for me, if they get away with this who is to stop them from doing it again, to any of us." Jake squeezed my hand firmly as he looked down at me. I squeezed back as he stepped forward, ever since he had stepped up as an Alpha things were different. Paul hadn't said it anymore but he had told us to go back to our pack, stay out of La Push; Sam had of coursed reprimanded his ass for it but it still hurt.

"The packs will fight." Jake said confidently before he looked down at me, his eyes falling to my stomach. "Well, most of the pack."

"Funny." I said smirking as the room filled with light laughter.

"Did you guys find out?" Bella asked trying to change the subject and ease the tension.

"Yes we did." I said smirking at her.

"Well?" Alice asked smiling.

"It's a boy." I said smiling as I let them see the picture. Some of the other vampires in the room looked as well.

"Did you pick a name?" One of the Amazonian girls asked turning to me.

"Alexander William Black."

"That's plain." Rose said as she looked up from the picture.

"So, it's after his uncle and grandpa."

"You're naming him after Paul? He's been an ass Nikole he doesn't deserve such an honor." Rose said with a huff.

"Well he's my brother, the only family I have and I love him and he's great. So what if he has a temper, he acts like any temperamental big brother does with their little sister. Kind of like how you have been to Bella." I knew I had hurt her feelings and probably made her mad but it was true. I sat with Bella as Jake talked with Edward for a few minutes. When he was done he came and held his hand out, helping me up off the couch. We said goodbye before walking to the car; Jake ever the gentleman opening and closing the doors. I had thought we were going to La Push but instead we arrived at some small condo that was on the outskirts of Forks. I followed Jake as he got out of the car walking to the door and opening it.

"Jake, where are we?"