Imprint and Heartbreak

"I sure hope your right."

"Don't worry hunny I always am." He said looking up at me and smiling. I hugged him again giggling.

"Take care of him; I'm really really going to miss him."

"You got it honey, and don't worry everything will be fine."

2 MONTHS LATER

I had spent the last two months training my ass off and learning everything, doing patrols and chasing some vampires with red hair, and watching my best friend from afar. He was spending all his time with Bella Swan, a girl he knew and kind of liked form Forks. I was depressed, I couldn't see or talk to Jake and since I restarted school last week he hardly looked at me, and when he did he looked so hurt and disappointed. During lunch I was sitting with Paul and Jared and Kim, she was Jared's imprint so she knew about us, it was nice having her and Emily I could talk too. I was watching Jacob; he was sitting with Quil and Embry and keep looking over at me, I knew Jake I could tell he wasn't very happy. Hell, he would never even look me in the eyes anymore. I know was 5'11" not 5'8" my long hair I had cut in a bob and I had the tribe tattoo on my arm. We all stopped when we heard a howl, Jared Paul and I looking between each other as Jared nodded, that was Sam and we needed to go asap.

"Go I'll get everyone's classwork." Kim said kissing Jared on the cheek.

"Thanks, Kimmie see ya later." I said getting up and walking out, as we started across the lot I stopped short.

"NIKKI." I spun around fast hearing Jake's voice, I spun meeting his eyes and lost my breath. Those brown eyes I had spent days looking into now changed my whole world, everything shifted and disappeared my brother, Jared everything all that was left was Jake and me, he was what held me to the world, I wanted to do anything and be anything for him, he was my reason for existence. I had just imprinted on Jake, my best friend who currently wasn't happy with me. I ran up to him about to jump on him when he held up his hand and took a step away from me. The action caused me to stop, my heart-shattering.

"Jake."

"What happened to you, Nikki."

"Jake." I said attempting to touch his arm, he jerked away from me stepping back further, I couldn't stop the water that was springing to my eyes. I blinked back trying to keep from crying.

"Don't touch me, Nikole."

"Jake I."

"Your one of them Nikole, you knew about them, you saw what happened with your own brother, then you join Sam's cult to."

"Jake it's not a cult and Sam really isn't a bad guy."

"BULLSHIT NIKOLE, HOW THE HELL COULD YOU JUST DITCH EVERYONE NOT TALK OR HANG WITH US ANYMORE AND NEVER COME TO SCHOOL, THEN WHEN YOU DO COME BACK YOUR COMPLETELY DIFFERENT."

"Jake I'm still the same me."

"Your nothing of the person I knew this." He said motioning at me "This is someone I don't know and don't want to, have fun with your cult."

"JACOB."

"LEAVE ME ALONE NIKOLE, I HATE YOU, FORGET ABOUT ME CAUSE I HAVE YOU WE AREN'T FRIENDS ANYMORE." He yelled in my face before walking off

"Jake." I whispered the tears were no longer controllable as they fell down my face, my heart shattering and the pieces falling behind Jake with each step he took away from me. My knees gave out as I began to sob, I never hit the ground, and two strong arms caught me. I looked up into the eyes of my brother, he was worried and pissed.

"Shh Nik I got you."

"Paul he.." I could even talk as more tears fell from my eyes. Paul picked me up gently carrying me as I clung to him crying.

"J let Sam, know I'm taking her to Em's really quick she can't do this now."

"Got it." He said walking up and rubbing my arm. "It will be ok baby girl I'm so sorry." He whispered before running off. Paul then did the same running towards Emily's house.

"EM." He said hurrying through the door, Emily who had been cooking muffins spun around.

"Paul, Oh my what."

"Jacob fucking black, Sam needs us please take care of her till I get back." He said swiftly as he sat me on the couch kissing my head. "I'll fucking kill him Nik, I love you." He said kissing my head and running out the door. I just laid on the couch crying, I felt Emily lift my head and put it in her lap as she softly stroked my hair. Eventually, I stopped sobbing and now silent tears ran down my face, it felt like my whole world was gone and my heart was literally being ripped in half. I had just imprinted on my best friend who I happened to have a huge crush on, only for him to turn around and tell me how much he hates me." As the thought hit my head I cried harder again.

"Shh, it's going to be ok."

"He hates me."

"No he doesn't Nikki, he just doesn't understand yet." She murmured while playing with my hair.