Untitled Part 58

A/N: SORRY FOR SUCH A SHORT CHAPTER.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6 MONTHS LATER (NIKOLE POV)

"You can do it, baby." I cheered quietly as I watched Alex with joy.

He had just turned 8 months old and was crawling already and trying to stand. It amazed me how much he learned or caught onto things. He was amazing. Everything else had been wonderful, it was peaceful; no vampires other than the Cullen's were around and with everything that had happened, there was a new sort of friendship between the Pack and their family. Since Jacob had basically gone out on his own himself, Leah, Seth, Quil, and Embry patrolled most of Forks and parts of the rez, while the rest of the guys and the newbies all patrolled La Push. I still did shifts here and there but Sam and Jake both thought it was better for me to be with Alex. That and I always had such a hard time leaving him; even to go out with Jake.

Speaking of Jake, we were great. Honestly, we hadn't even started planning a wedding yet, all we had decided was the end of summer and on the Rez. Other than that we had nothing and we honestly in no rush. We had enough on our plate with an infant.

"Mama." I looked at Alex in shock as he looked up at me. My jaw was currently on the floor as tears filled my eyes.

"What, say that again?" I asked quietly.

"Mama, mama."

"Oh, baby!" I squealed hugging Alex to me as he erupted in laughter. Seconds later Jake ran into the room, immediately relaxing as he saw us.

"Everything ok?"

"He talked! He said his first word, Jake!" I squealed happily.

"Really?" Jake asked with excitement. "What was it?"

"Can you say it again baby boy?"

"Mama." Alex said shyly as he gripped my hair. Looking up at Jake he smiled brightly as he kissed Alex's small head.

"That's my boy, and you started off saying the best word ever." He lowered his voice whispering to Alex. "Cause between you and me your mom happens to be the best woman on this planet, so make sure you always tell her how special she is every day."

My heart swelled hearing Jake's sweet words as he spoke softly to Alex. In reality I think Jake had it wrong; he was the best, and he was such an amazing father. There had been times I was ready to pull my hair out or was off in a room crying, mumbling how bad of a mom I was, how I was messing up; yet Jacob he was something different. Either he just never showed it or he was just that relaxed but he was so natural, never broke a sweat, got nervous. I couldn't have been luckier to get him forever.