Battle

My fingers brushed the scar on my collarbone as I cried harder remembering how I received it.

"I'm so sorry." I jerked my head up looking into Leah's eyes. I was the only one she honestly got along with, we saw eye to eye. The whole Emily, Sam, Leah shit the guys didn't understand, however, Leah and I were basically in the same situation so we understood one another perfectly.

"Don't be you spoke your mind."

"Yeah but I could have lit into him when you weren't there, it was already painful enough. I know firsthand how your feeling."

"I know Lee."

"At least he's your imprint." She said hugging me

"At least you're free."

"No, I'm not, I'm haunted daily because I have to be around him, and I know I bother them too it just it's hard to see him with her. I know it wasn't his fault but that doesn't make it hurt less and I know he hurts seeing me cause of what he had to do. At least an imprint would make me forget and we could both be happy and move on."

Leah and I talked at the cliff until dawn before she walked me home. Paul was pissed and wouldn't even look at me let alone speak. I officially felt alone, the one person I had my brother now hated me because I couldn't take being here anymore. Today was fight day, we were leaving Emily's and were going to meet up with everyone. Of course except for Jake, Edward, and their precious Bella. They were already up the mountain and had camped. There was a snow storm last night and the angry part of me hope the bitch froze but I know Jacob, he kept her warm.

"Nikki, I need you to go tell Seth it's time and let him get Jacob." I nodded at Sam before running off, in ten minutes I made it to where the campsite was, Seth was just walking around the corner when I saw him.

"Seth."

"Nik, everything good."

"Yeah Sam said its time, you need to get."

"JAKE!" My head went up as I heard Bella and found myself following her voice, Seth right behind me. Bella was standing a few feet from Jake who was ahead of her and had his back to her. I could hear her frantically talking to him but couldn't make out the words. I then heard something to make my heart stop.

"Kiss me." She pleaded.

"What."

"I'm asking you to kiss me, Jacob." Jake then walked over to Bella grabbing her and kissing her as if his life depended on it. Each second my soul breaking more, I didn't finish it I ran off. This was the sign I asked for, I now know leaving is the best thing for me. I tried to focus on the battle as it started but my mind was too foggy and unclear to think straight. Between my brother hating me, and what I just saw I just couldn't do it. I took down a male before I felt someone else jump on me pulling my neck. I felt the leech get ripped off me and heard a scream as I looked over and saw my brother ripping the vamp to pieces. Only to be sideswiped by three, I grabbed one quickly taking it down before Emmett grabbed the other as Paul took down the last. Paul and Emmett nodded their heads at each other and then took off in opposite directions.

"Thank you, Paul." I said to my brother, he didn't reply to me but he turned and looked at me. Before I knew it the fight was over and done, we had won. I walked up to my brother and nudged him with my head, giving him what hug I could.

"I'm ok Nikole." I nodded my head at my brother before I heard Leah scream in anger.

"JACOB." I turned my head seeing Jake's wolf in the arms of a newborn and heard the crack signifying the newborn was breaking his bones. I collapsed on the ground as Jake's screams of pain filled my ears. I quickly phased throwing on my clothes running to Jacob who had phased back and was withering and moaning in agony on the ground. I grabbed his head placing it in my lap as I stroked his hair.

"Nikki." He groaned out softly.

"Shh, Jake it's ok. I'm here."

"Guys you need to leave now the Volturi are coming. I will meet you at his house soon if that's ok."

"Yes." Sam said gruffly as the guys lifted Jake as gingerly as they could onto their shoulders carrying him home. Leah grabbed my arm dragging me behind her as we quickly headed to Billy's. The guys laid Jake on his bed while I sat next to him until Carlisle showed up. I was informed all the bones on the right side of his body were shattered and had to re-broken because he was already healing. Sam forced me to leave; I was now sitting outside next to Billy who was stroking my hair as I cried. Jake's screams of agony ripping through the night making me sob with each bloodcurdling scream that came from the house. Paul held me the whole time. Ten minutes later Carlisle was walking out the door, coming to a stop in front of Billy and me.

"He will be good in a couple of days, he's fine; I gave him some morphine for the pain but it will wear off soon because of his body heat. I will be back later on." Sam and Billy both nodded at him before he bent down to me. Paul growled low in his throat as he didn't trust any vampire Cullen included.

"Nikole he's asking for you sweetheart." I looked up at Billy who had tears in his eyes. He nodded and mouthed 'Go'. I got up walking away from the pack, Sue, and Billy as I walked into the house and down the hall to Jake's room. I walked in looking at him lying in bed. His right side completely covered in bandages. I had silent tears rolling down my face seeing him so broken and helpless