Can't Lie to You

"What." Paul said looking at her. Nikki looked from him back to me as she looked at my eyes again.

"Jake is lying, something isn't right."

NIKKI POV

Jake was lying, I knew it. Everything about his stance was off, and the way when he spoke he kept looking left, he was lying this was some kind of play he was doing. I saw Jake's shocked look as I voiced my thought. Paul and Jared looked at me, Paul being confused. I then turned to look at Jake again, he needed to shave, however, it looked kind of sexy. His eyes looked a little dull, the glow not in them anymore, he looked tired had bags forming under his eyes, I shook my head clearing my thoughts from their mental evaluation of Jake's features. I knew him too well, he couldn't get past me.

"He is lying, he is looking to the left which he only does when he's lying and he has an odd vibe to him. Something is off. I know him too well." Before anyone could speak a loud howl rang through the air. There was a breach, I was right, I heard Paul growl roughly as he cussed looking at Jake.

"You set us up, you fucker." He took off with the rest of the guys as I lingered, I could feel Jake's eyes on me. I turned my head slightly seeing him staring at me intently. I could tell part of him wanted to follow me to grab me, the other half didn't know what to do. It was almost like he finally was feeling helpless like I had been for a year and a half now, almost two years.

"Come with me." He softly pleaded; if I hadn't had the super hearing I did I wouldn't have heard it. I sighed softly as I turned towards him and took a step.

"You don't get both ways Jacob, you already made your choice."

"I love you, Nikole."

"You love Bella."

"As a friend." I chuckled lightly at him.

"Sure, Jake."

"You know me better than anyone in the world Nikole, look at me; you know I'm telling the truth." I looked up at Jake searing his face as he spoke again. "I love you, Nikole." My heart swelled with both joy and pride when I couldn't see any sign of Jake lying to me