Goodbye

1 WEEK LATER

That day a week ago after we had got to Billy's Jake was so happy to see Rachel. After breakfast, we spent the day together. Actually, that was how I spent the week. Paul and I both were over at Billy's. All we did was hang out together or with Rachel and Paul. Before I knew it a week was over and Paul was loading the last of Rachel and I's things into her car.

"You sure you don't want me to drive?"

"We will be ok Paul." She said sighing as he hugged her. I was still a little out of it, last night everyone had thrown a big going away party for Rachel and I. I remember going to the beach and Jared handing us drinks, next thing I know I was waking up in Jacob's bed with nothing on. I was brought out of my daze as I felt a warm hand on my arm. I looked up meeting Jake's warm brown eyes.

"You ok?"

"Yeah."

"You sure, you been acting weird since this morning."

"Probably because that was not how I expected to wake up."

"Me either."

"It wasn't supposed to be like that, we are supposed to be starting over."

"Nikki, please relax. We can't change it and honestly, the only regret I have is that I can't remember it. You mad at me?" He questioned softly. I gently touched his stomach watching as the muscles contracted under my touch. He had run outside in boxer briefs to chase me down.

"No, I'm not mad at you."

"Mad at yourself?"

"How?"

"I know you better than anyone, don't beat yourself up about it. Call me when you make it."

"I will."

"Nikole, I love you." Jake said cupping my face in his hands and kissing me softly. Once he let me go Paul stopped me from getting into the car hugging me tightly.

"Be careful sis, I love you; and watch out for Rach."

"Love you too and I will." I said getting into the car.

JAKE POV

As I watched my sister drive off I felt myself feeling worse and worse. I didn't want Nik to go, I wanted to keep her with me.

"I know how you feel." I looked up glancing at Paul who was looking at me.

"What?"

"You already miss them, I know how you feel."

"Yeah."

"So what happened with you and my sister?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Cut the crap Black, I know my sister, she may be your imprint but she's my baby sister. She has been on edge and off since she first woke up. What happened?"

"Do you remember anything from last night?"

"Yeah, we had a party for the girls, ate a ton of food had a few drinks and I made out with." Paul trailed off turning to glare at me. "Why are you asking me what happened?"

"Um."

"Jacob!"

"Ok relax, your sister and I don't remember much so she has been uneasy all morning because we are trying to start over."

"You are so lucky she loves you."

"Why is that?"

"Because otherwise, I would have killed your ass a long time ago for everything you put her through. Do you know how many times I had to hold her while she cried, wake her up from the nightmares she had, hold her until she finally falls asleep from crying because you broke her heart again."

"I know and if I could go back and change it I would."