Sacrifice

We all followed him my brother slinging his arm loosely over my shoulder. It was great to have him back in my life. I had my brother back after nearly three weeks. We walked out into a small but beautiful yard of a nice two-story house. Sam walked in first followed by Jared then Paul and I. I noticed a beautiful female making muffin at the stove. Sam walked over to her and enveloped her in a huge hug kissing her face softly. When she turned to look at me it was then I noticed the long scratches down her face. They still looked fresh, I felt my brother nudge me and Sam looking aggravated and broken all at the same time. She smiled warmly walking over to me.

"Hi, I'm Emily, nice to meet you." She said hugging me

"Nice to meet you too, I'm Nikole."

"Would you like a muffin before we get you some better clothes? These three won't leave any left when you get back."

"Yes please thank you."

"Ok, I got blueberry and chocolate chip."

"I'll take a."

"There's only blueberry these are mine." Paul said reaching around us and grabbing 4 or the 6 chocolate muffins. I quickly grabbed one out of his hands taking a bite before he could protest.

"I'm your sister you can share."

"Be lucky I love you brat." He said with a mouthful of food.

"Eww."

"Paul no talking with your mouth full pig, Nikki come with me I'll get you something." I followed Emily as Paul sat at the table with Jared and Sam. I followed Emily into a beautiful room, with a king bed in the middle and a big dresser with a mirror on the wall, next to it was a door which Emily opened. She grabbed a pair of shorts and a small shirt.

"There these should fit. I'm sorry I don't really have undergarments on hand for you."

"That's fine I'll make this work, thank you so much."

"You're welcome sweetie, welcome to the club. It will be good to have another lady around." I smiled at her before she pointed to another door which was the bathroom. I quickly walked in and changed my clothes. The pants fit, the shirt was a little snug, and it stopped right above my belly button. I grabbed my muffin taking a bite as I headed back to the kitchen. Emily was a great cook.

"These are delicious."

"Thank you and I'll make more tomorrow. Paul is the chocolate chip man so I usually just make a few for him."

"Thank you, I eat like any flavor so you don't have to." She smiled as she began to put away the dishes.

"Nikole come sit please." Sam said motioning towards the table. "There is a lot you gotta learn, and for a while, you will not be in school."

"Why."

"Well you have to learn to control yourself, one false move and you could hurt someone. If you lose your temper even for a minute you could accidentally shift and cause an accident. Let alone no one other than the tribe council knows about us so you cannot tell anyone. That why Paul never told you."

"And why his hot-headed ass has been gone."

"Exactly, he was temperamental before phasing; now it's worse. He still needs a lot of work. Beside your suspended for a week anyway so."

"Figures."

"Anyway." Sam continued, we sat there for nearly three hours as he explained everything to me. It was hard I won't lie I basically had to turn my back on all my friends. I groaned thinking about my best friends, and then Jake popped in my head. FUCK

"Wait what about Jake." Hearing the name my brother growled next to me.

"Paul." Sam had a warning tone to his voice that made Paul immediately stop.

"Sorry Alpha voice. You'll get used to it. I try not to use it unless I have to. To you guys it feels strong and if you fight it that basically stops you in away. "As far as Jake and the rest of your friends for their safety you cannot be around them and you are definitely not allowed to tell them. You can't tell anyone actually." I nodded as Sam continued.

2 HOURS LATER

After forever and a damn day we were don't with that talk. I learned everything I needed to know about my new responsibilities as a protector. I learned about imprinting which me being the first female wolf in history I knew so no one could honestly tell me anything about me in stone. The council who had come over ten minutes into Sam's talk started to leave to. Billy however hung back.

"He will understand Nikole."

"Billy he will be pissed and won't talk to me, he thinks they are a cult and I just joined too. He's going to hate me."

"No he won't, he will care about you a lot and trust me when he finds out he'll understand and forgive you."