Chapter 4: Not Too Silly After all

The food on the table had been left on the table for too long and had lost its original taste. However, Nian Yue seemed to not notice it at all. She lowered her head and finished all the food on the table.

In the post-apocalyptic world, food was a fantasy for humans. They only needed energy.

Therefore, the food was viewed as sustenance.

She didn't care about the taste, as long as it could fill her stomach.

Wang Meihua looked at Nian Yue's back view and felt even more puzzled.

When did this idiot become so obedient?

Thinking about this, Wang Meihua walked up to Nian Yue and asked, "Yue Yue, school starts tomorrow. Do you want to continue with your third year?"

Nian Yue was only 18 years old this year. She was brought back by Nian Chaoyu because she had to take the college entrance examination next year.

It was just that she was born in a small village and her English scores were all in the single digits. If she continued to stay there, she might not even be able to get into a vocational course. Nian Chaoyu had brought her back because he was afraid of embarrassing himself.

"Sure." Nian Yue did not even raise her head and was happily eating with her head lowered.

A sneer flashed across Wang Meihua's eyes. She thought that she had become smarter, but she did not expect that she was still a fool like before.

"Idiot!"

Not long after she had left, Wang Meihua sneered in disdain.

When she turned around, she suddenly saw a man in a black coat around the corner of the second floor.

The man's handsome face was expressionless, but his eyes were as deep as the sea.

This was the Young Master of the Nian Family.

The young genius in the eyes of outsiders, Nian Yu.

However, he often traveled outside. According to his schedule, he would only be back tomorrow.

But why did he come back earlier?

Wang Meihua didn't dare to have any other thoughts. This wasn't someone she could afford to offend.

When she thought about this, Wang Meihua pretended to be reserved and nodded at the man. She was already used to Nian Yu not acknowledging her and went upstairs in her high heels.

Nian Yu, who had been silent all this while, looked at the empty dining table with his deep eyes. His rose-colored lips curled up and a smile flashed across his eyes.

She's not too stupid after all.

Nian Yue stopped eating for a moment. Then, she smiled and continued eating with her head lowered.

Her movements were slow and unhurried. If one took a closer look, one would notice that there was elegance in her movements.

Half an hour had passed by the time she finished her meal.

Nian Yue lifted her eyes and looked at the staircase. Nian Yu had gone.

The servants were no longer in the living room. She wiped her mouth slowly before heading upstairs.

On the second floor were the bedrooms of the Nian family. Because of her sudden return, Wang Meihua arranged for the Host to stay on the third floor.

On the surface, they said that they were concerned about how she would adjust but they were also telling her that she was just an outsider.