•II•

SWIPE AND HIT PLAY FOR MUSIC!

Gabby's POV
•€•
September 2nd

Waking up to the feeling of slobber all over my face, I groaned as my body cringed. She knew better than to lick my face.

Of course Diamond had made her way into my bed and decided I needed to get my ass up.

This Saturday, I took some time off from class. The plan was to stay home all day and do nothing, how I hoped everyday could be.

Unfortunately, I was still burdened with work and needed to rehearse choreography for a live class I was going to teach online.

Like I said, all I do is work.

After I took care of my hygiene, I decided that I'd whip up some pancakes. A pumpkin pancake recipe I had found online was my go to. It gets me every time, complete heaven.

Diamond mugged me the entire time, waiting for me to give her the leftover pumpkin. I honestly don't know why she thinks everything I eat needs to be shared.

...Maybe it's because I give her everything I eat.

She gotta maintain her thic too.

*PING*

I read my phone and saw my incoming contact.

Mama❤️

(Disclaimer: Her mom speaks patois so I'll be writing most of her dialogue that way. If you don't understand then comment and I'll gladly translate)

"Hey, Mama," I answered, licking the batter off my spoon and spraying my pan.

"Morning, mi pretty baby! Happy Birthday." My mom was always more excited about my birthday than I was.

"Thank you," I sighed. Birthday's weren't really my thing. I haven't celebrated my birthday for some years now. I usually just kept to myself.

"Pitney, if you don't thank God that he has blessed you with another year of life and stop all that whining inna mi ears," my mom said, sucking her teeth.

My mom was one to keep it real. She hated that I didn't like to celebrate my birthday and she always made sure to fuss at me about it.

"Of course I'm grateful, Mama," I said, faking a happy voice.

"Well, when are you coming up here to see me? I feel so abandoned. Just likkle ole me here all by myself," my mama whined. She thought she was so funny, trying to guilt me.

"Ma, I can literally hear Dad and Kaitlin," I chuckled. My mom and dad lived in New York with my little sister Kaitlin. My baby sister was my world. Our almost 10 year age difference made me like a second mother to her.

"Oh, baby. You just don't know how much mi miss you," she sniffled. I usually go only go home around Christmas time because it was my moms favorite holiday. Other than that, I stayed my ass in LA. New York had nothing to offer me.

I fly my sister out to see me every time she gets a break from school but my mom and dad hate planes. Every time they ready to get on one, this woman "has a dream."

"I miss you too, Ma. You'll see me in like two months."

"It's September. I won't see you for another three months," she sighed, the pain in her voice audible. She doesn't know why I decided to leave and I plan on keeping it that way. The thought of her daughter being alone in a city she hadn't even been to sacred her.