XXVIII

SWIPE AND HIT PLAY FOR MUSIC!

Gabby's POV
•€•
February 4th

Something seems off with him. I can't seem to put my finger on it.

He's not even doing anything wrong. It's just...

I don't know. Maybe I'm over thinking.

He's been working on this painting for a few hours now. Everytime I walk past, he has started over. I wish he would just take his time. He seems to have a thing against patience. Being this stubborn will only hurt him in the long run.

I walk over to him and hand him a glass of water. He hasn't moved since he started. He's been at it since 6am. I woke up and he wasn't in bed.

"Thank you," he says shortly. I don't know what's triggering him but half the time, his head is far from here.

"Why don't you take a break," I request more than ask.

"I'm good," he says as he uses white paint to alter yet another detail. He's going to hurt his head by doing this.

"Jordan, please," I plead, shifting my tone of voice and he sighs.

"Okay," he says putting his brush down and facing me. I take his face into my hands. Rubbing his beard a little with my fingers.

"You're working too hard. Why don't you do something else and come back to it later?" I ask. His face is impassive.

"Pretty, please? I want to take you somewhere," I say. His lips twitch into a small smile and his eyes meet mine.

"Really?" he asks and I nod, smiling. I hope this brightens his mood. I hate seeing him like this. Especially when I don't know the reason.

"Yeah. I think you'll like it," I say and he hums sweetly. I lean in and peck his lips. Even when he's not himself, his lips still feel the same. Plump and warm.

"Where is it?" he asks, resting his hands in my hips.

"Get ready and you'll find out," I say and his smile drops. It's funny because he's the one who tells me I should like surprises.

In 45 minutes, he's ready and I'm finishing my bun. I was packing the car while he was in the shower. I don't want him to know what I have planned.

"You ready?" he asks and I nod before we head to the car.

I drive because he has no clue where we're going. I like driving his car. It's really smooth and I look cool in it. He's always hesitant to let me drive it. It's insulting because I think I'm a decent driver.

He's watching me the whole time I drive, his hand rubbing my thigh. Smiling a little.

We pull up to the beach and I park.

"Come on," I say opening my door and heading to grab the things. He follows shortly after, amused I think.

"You're something else," he says pulling me back and grabbing the things from the trunk. It isn't a lot. I can easily manage it.

We find a shady spot and I set everything up perfectly. It was last minute so the food choices are a little weird. I grabbed what I could find. Jordan never has groceries.