XXIII

SWIPE AND HIT PLAY FOR MUSIC!

Gabby's POV
•€•
December 23rd

This is going to be a long trip. I can already feel it.

"You didn't need to bring all of this stuff," I chuckle as Maya opens her suitcase and tries to switch a few shoes over to her carry on.

She insists on packing more than necessary. Not that I don't share the same habits.

"Yes I did. Now help me and stop all that noise," she mugs, trying to close the suitcase so that it can be weighed again.

Before I can bend down, Bryson motions for us both to move out of the way so he can close and weigh the bag.

"It's good," he says, smiling at Maya. Her face remains deadpan, ignoring him and taking her boarding pass from the woman at the desk. I look over at Jordan who is chuckling and shaking his head at the two of them.

We are all going to New York for Christmas. I usually just make the trip with Maya but my Mom invited Jordan and he agreed. Bryson tagged along so that they can continue working on the business they have up there.

We all get our boarding passes and go through the blasphemous TSA process before boarding the plane.

"AHT AHT Jordan get up. My ticket says 4B," Maya mugs. Jordan looks over at me and chuckles. There's no way he's moving from beside me.

"Go sit over there with Bryson," I say, motioning to the seat on the other side of the aisle. She looks over and then turns back to me. Her face is hilarious.

"I'm not sitting over there,"she says, crossing her hands over her chest.

"Well, stand because I'm sitting next to him," I say.

She rolls her eyes and plops down next to Bryson as we all laughs at her attitude. She claims Bryson is an asshole but really, she doesn't know how to handle herself around him. He makes her nervous and she doesn't like that.

This bitch met her match

The flight feels shorter than usual. Jordan knows so much about the infrastructure of planes. It's actually intriguing. I love it when he shares his passions with me.

We arrive and of course he has a car ready. He's the most organized person when it comes to trips. Usually, my father would be there to get Maya and I but I decided to agree to what Jordan has planned.

The ride is silent and I'm ready to get there and be fed. Even though my diet is restrictive, it isn't to the point where I can't enjoy most of my mother's cooking.

Kaitlin is already at the door once we pull up. She's wearing the biggest smile. I missed her.

"Hi, Bug," I greet, welcoming my sister into a warm hug. My Mom and Dad follow behind waiting for a separate hug.

"Hi, punk," she smiles.

"Hi, Mama. Hi, Daddy," I smile hugging them both.

Maya follows behind and greets them before heading straight to the guest room to take a shower. She hates planes and thinks they have the most germs.

"Hello, Son," my mother smiles pulling Jordan into a hug.

"Hello, Mama Margie," he smiles back before pulling out of the hug and hugging Kaitlin. The sight warms my heart.

"Hey, Kid," he teases, making her roll her eyes before pushing him and walking away. He knows how much she hates being called that.