XIX

SWIPE AND HIT PLAY FOR MUSIC!

Jordan's POV
•€•
November 26th

Everything feels so far away when I'm with her. I wake up to the scent of her hair tickling my nose. An early dose of serotonin.

It's half past eight, my usual rising time. I know Gabby doesn't normally wake for another hour or so. She's a light sleeper so I try my best not to wake her.

Especially because I know she's tired...and probably sore. She lasted longer than I thought she would.

Her head lays on my shoulder as her fingers claim my chest. It's the best feeling waking up to her. She looks less intimidating when she's asleep.

Though I want her to wake so I can ask her one more thing. Something I'm sure she'll have a hard time answering but I'm sure the conclusions I drew last night are far from incorrect.

I run my hand through her hair and inwardly chuckle at how mad she's going to be once she wakes and realizes she fell asleep without a bonnet.

She stirs in her sleep and I stay still, hoping she won't wake. My efforts fail. She opens her eyes and quickly covers her face.

"What are you doing?" I ask. I remove her hand and she immediately covers my face instead.

"Stop watching me sleep," she whines. I chuckle and remove her hand, holding and kissing on it.

"Why not?" I tease.

"You're being a creep. I can feel you staring in my sleep," she says, adjusting herself on me. I laugh and she closes her eyes again.

"I didn't mean to wake you. Go back to sleep," I whisper in her ear as I rub rhythmically against her bare back and kiss her head.

"I can't go back to sleep once I wake up. You know that," she says faintly smiling up at me.

"Does that mean you don't want breakfast either?" I ask. She has to be awake for at least an hour before she eats. It's weird but it's her.

"I'm still full from last night," she says sleepily.

Last night

The memories ignite something in me.

I flip her onto her back and hover over her. Her eyes are so radiant for someone who just woke up.

"Full from what?" I ask, knowing she wasn't referring to what I'm thinking about. She giggles.

"Why do you have to be so rough?"she asks rubbing her fingers against my arm tattoos. I let a chuckle escape me as my eyes assess hers.

Her eyes travel to my arms and her fingers graze an area that stings a bit.

"I'm sorry," she mumbles. I look to see my skin a bit waled and shrug.

"Battle scars," I wink at her and she giggles.

"Well, I'm too grown for these battle scars," she says lifting her head and exposing the hickeys on her neck. Damn, I really left my mark.

"I didn't mean to," I tell her genuinely.

"Some battles you just can't win," she winks and  giggles but this time a bit harder, which causes her to flinch. I automatically worry.

"What?"

"More battle scars," she says shyly and I realize she may be a bit more sore than anticipated.

"Is it bad?"I want to know if the pain is unbearable.

"I'm fine...alive," she says and this girl can never be serious. I chuckles quietly.