XV

SWIPE AND HIT PLAY FOR MUSIC!

Gabby's POV
•€•
November 4th

"He's home now and he's doing a lot better," I smile as I walk around the island and hand Maya a water. She's been here bugging me about my trip since she entered.

No matter how many times I tell her it wasn't a trip, she seems to overlook the part about my sick father and focus on the fact that Jordan was with me.

I made it home from New York and was back to my regular schedule. Jordan stayed a while longer to have another meeting but I had to get back to my competitions.

"I knew he would be," she says as she keeps her attention on her phone. She's not even listening to what I'm saying and I've been holding this water bottle out to her for far too long.

"Take this and tell me who got you all smiley?" I smirk. She rolls her eyes and continues go subconsciously her play with her hair.

Maya and her new boyfriend were getting very serious now and she spent all of her free time on the phone with this man. Not that I'm one to talk.

"None of your business," she grins and rolls her eyes once more.

"You ain't shit," I chuckle taking a seat on the stool beside her. All I knew was this guy's name. I still didn't know what he did or what he looked like.

"You ain't shit because why didn't you invite me to New York with you," she mugs.

"My girl...don't start," I warn and sticks her tongue out at me. How old is she?

"My mother literally called me one minute, and the next minute the flight was booked. I was not thinking about your ass," I mug back, peeling a banana that I had just taken from the fruit basket.

"Jordan got an invite though," she smirks and then puts her head back in her phone.

"He was with me when my mom called and he had to go anyway. That's why he is still there," I shrug, taking my phone and banana heading to the couch. Maya peeked up from her phone and watched as I scrolled through Hulu.

"I bet that banana reminds you of something from New York," she chuckles. She found herself so funny.

"We didn't even do anything," I shout throwing the pillow from my couch at her.

Maya's mind always went somewhere it didn't need to be. There was too much going on to think about that type of stuff. I'd be lying if I said it didn't cross my mind but there's a place and a time for everything.

"Yeah, right," she laughs, rolling her eyes and joining me on the couch, laying her head in my lap. If anyone knew me, it was Maya. Even though we didn't do anything, she knew I was hiding something.

I look down at her subtlety, watching as she smirks up at my face. "He kissed me... and I kissed him back," I mumble, the scene replaying in my head.

"Huh? I don't think I heard you," she shouts, furrowing her eyebrows and holding her hand to her ear.

I'm gonna kill her

"You heard me, bitch," I chuckle, rolling my eyes at her and continuing to eat my banana.

"And what else did you do," she asks, watching me eat.

"Stop it! Nasty ass," I shout, watching her flinch and laugh. "He called me 'baby'," I finally blurt out. It sounded way better in my head than out loud.

"Well...are you his baby?" she asks, furrowing her brows at me, a small grin hiding behind her mug.

"Maybe," I smirk, watching as her facial expressions changed. There's no maybe. I care about him...a whole lot. He continues to prove me wrong and I don't think he has any intentions of quitting.