XIV

SWIPE AND HIT PLAY FOR MUSIC!

Gabby's POV
•€•
November 2nd

"Ma, let me wash those up and you can finish what you were doing," I said, referring to the 25 pots she had on the stove. My Jamaican ass mother always cooked for 50 people when she only had two children.

She also liked to clean as she cooked, leaving me to hear her rants about how she did all the work when she was done.

"I can help too," Jordan said, getting up and beginning to dry the dishes that were already washed. I could feel his eyes on me as I moved quickly to finish the dishes. We haven't said much to each other since what happened outside of the hospital and I wasn't ready to explain anything to anyone.

"Jordan you cook?" my mom asked while stirring the pot. She had such a friendly and gentle spirit. She made everyone comfortable and I could feel Jordan's nervousness begin to die down.

"I can do a little something," he chuckled. "I bet it's nothing like this, tho," he smiled, turning and winking at me.

Look at him kissing ass.

"Have you ever had curry chicken?" she asked, turning around with a spoon full of gravy and reaching for his hand. She took his hand and poured a little gravy in it.

He hummed as he licked the gravy from his hand. "None like this, Mrs. Mason," he chuckled.

"Call me Margie," she laughed, turning back to add the Irish potatoes to the pot. My mother was such a friendly person and always welcomed everyone with the best energy.

It was one her beat qualities but could also be a quality that made people want to take advantage of her kindness.

I finished up the dishes and went back to my original spot, on the stool in front of the island. Jordan joined me shortly after my mom forced almost every grain of food down his throat for him to taste.

He sat next to me, putting his hands over mine. I looked up at him and he looked at me with a smile. He was smiling but it wasn't had to read him.

He wanted answers. Answers I wasn't ready to give him. I looked away and I could feel his hands tense on mine.

I heard my mother let out a small chuckle and I looked up mugging her before she turned around.

Her messy ass

"Jordan where is your family from?" my mother asked, wiping off her counters. She turned to him but instead met my uneasy stare, subtly shaking my head.

"My parents moved here from Ghana after they got married but I don't really know a lot about my family there," he smiled, rubbing his nose and looking at me as I focused on my glass.

I knew talking about his family was a touchy subject and I didn't want my mother badgering him.

"How about we eat," I interrupted, not wanting the conversation to go on any further. They nodded their heads and I called Kaitlin, waiting for her to come downstairs.

"Mrs.M- I mean...Margie," he chuckled. "Why do you put the food in Tupperware before anyone eats."

"I like to clean my kitchen and make sure my food looks presentable," she said with her hands on her hips and playfully rolling her neck.

"This woman swears the house has to look like no one lives in it at all times," I joked, rolling my eyes and taking a sip from my cup.

"I have guests coming so my kitchen needs to be cleaned," she mugged.