LXXV

THAT STAR ON THE BOTTOM OF EACH CHAPTER
Jordan's POV
•€•
January 30th

A deep breath escapes me as I shut my car door. I see my reflection through the window and it hits me.

I'm a father.

Spending the last 4 weeks with him have been nothing short of a blessing. But today my nerves can't seem to settle.

My feet move beneath me as I drift subconsciously to the hospital room. My mind is cloudy and I just want everything to go perfectly.

I want to make sure she's happy. I want to make sure they're both happy.

I open the door and there she is.

Smiling big with Justice coddled in her arms. I take them in. Her smile is contagious and I can't help but return one as I make my way beside her.

"Hey, Baby. You ready to do this?" I ask her and she nods. Her excitement invades the room as Justice puckers his lips up at her.

"Yes. We're finally taking him home," she smiles and a chuckle escapes me.

The thought seems daunting but exciting, nevertheless. It's where they both belong. Where I can keep them safe.

I'm bringing my family home...my family.

I can't stop looking at them both.

"You seem nervous," she says softly as she takes my hand and pulls me down to sit beside her. She takes my face in her hand and I close my eyes.

Her touch feels foreign. My mind threatens to replay the images of the night she went into labor. She's not suppose to be here. I can't help but feel this way although I'm grateful for every moment.

"I'm not nervous. I just want to make sure we have everything before we go. I also want to make sure you're good," I say and her eyes soften as she smiles.

"I'm okay. We're both okay. I'm ready to get out of here," she giggles softly and my nerves seem to be finding their places.

"Your greedy ass son is hungry," I point to Justice who is rubbing his lips against her shirt and she gasps a little.

I always refer to him as her son because he seems to have gotten every feature from her.

Spitting image.

I don't mind it because her features are perfect but I thought he'd grow out of it. He has nothing for me.

"I just fed him," she shakes her head and smiles as she adjusts him under her shirt.

Breastfeeding has been something she really enjoys. It's weird because you'd think she'd get tired of having to get up to feed him every couple of hours but she's always happy to.

I'm so grateful to call her the mother of my child and maybe so much more depending on how the day goes...

She feeds him and now it's time to get them checked out.

While she gets ready, I dress Justice in his outfit. He's still a really small baby but he's grown a lot. It's hard to believe he's five weeks already.

I place on his chain that Gabby got custom made for him.

She's spent the past five weeks making sure everything he owns has either his name of his initials on it.

It's a bit excessive to me but whatever makes her happy.

His eyes are opened bright, something he only does when he's just been fed. He looks at me and I inwardly promise that I'd do anything to keep him and his mother safe.