LVI

SWIPE AND HIT PLAY FOR MUSIC!

Jordan's  POV
•€•
June 29th

We check on Jade and Kaitlyn and then make it back to her room. She explains everything Jade said.

This shit really can get worst.

Although it's a struggle, she falls asleep. I know there's a lot going on right now but she needs to take it easy.

She's still having trouble breathing and I know she's stressed.

But I know she's safe here. Even though, I won't leave her safety up to the police. They didn't do their jobs the first time.

I had a few friends...well acquaintances fly in and look over all three of them.

I know I can't trust too many people but this situation is beyond me.

They're also helping me find Maya.

This just doesn't seem right to me.

Gabby knows there's something wrong but I try to take her mind off of it. I don't want to think the worst but part of me feels Jason has something to do with this.

He couldn't get Gabby and now he's choosing the next closest thing.

I'm just glad I had Kaitlyn with me.

My phone rings and it's Bryson. I take a deep breath before answering.

"Yeah...Bry. Have you heard anything?" I ask.

"No...still nothing. I'm really worried, J. If something happens to he-"

"Don't think like that. We'll find her. I'm sure she's fine," I tell him. Here I go lying again because in this moment, there's nothing I'm sure about.

"Why won't she answer? Where could she be?" he asks.

My phone pings again and I pull the phone from my ear. I check the message and the hope I have grows a little.

"Bryson, I'm sending you an address. Meet me there right now. I'm on my way," I tell him. Before he can ask questions, I end the call.

I kiss Gabby's head and let the guys I have here know that I'll be gone. Hopefully I'll be back before she wakes.

I leave the hospital and make me way to the location sent to me by one of Gary. He works for Stockwood and had a hand in navigating the situation the first time. I had to contact him for this.

I pull up to the building and Bryson is already parked out front. We park in the parking garage and meet by the elevator.

"What is this?" he asks approaching me.

Bryson knows almost everything regarding Jason so I'm sure he'll have a hard time hearing this.

"I told you that I contacted Gary. This is the location he sent me for Jason. If he has anything to do with Maya being missing, we'll find them here," I tell him.

He sighs hard and swipes his hard over his face. I know this is hard for him to hear. He cares a real lot about Maya. I do too.

No matter our differences.

"And if she's-"

"Bryson...we just have to go up there," I say to console him.

We make out way up using the stairs. There aren't any cameras there and I don't know if he has tampered with the security system at all.

We get to the the apartment and brace ourselves. The blood of the handle of the door is the first thing I see.

I turn the knob and the door opens. We're both armed. The place is a wreck.