LX

SWIPE AND HIT PLAY FOR MUSIC!

Gabby's POV
•€•
November 3rd

The whistles from the kitchen let me know that my tea is ready. That and Okra water have been apart of my morning routine for months now.

Half of the things in this tea have things I can't even pronounce in it.

But my aunt brought them back from Jamaica just for me. Both her and my mother swear by them. Although my mother only has two children, there are 9 between her two sisters.

I commend them.

I take a seat on the sofa and both of my babies come running towards me.

"Hi, whats up, my loves," I coo at them as they both lay their heads in my lap.

They're adjusting to the new environment just as much as I am. The whether is different for them but they love playing in the snow.

I can't get Prince and Diamond out of the snow as long as I'm outside. Walking them is so hard here.

My phone rings and I pick up once I see the contact.

"My best bitchhhh," Maya calls with the biggest smile. It's contagious.

"Maya Ashai mmmmm...Carter," I say teasing her.

"That actually has a nice ring to it. I don't mind as much as you think I do," she says giggling. I playfully roll my eyes at her.

I enjoy watching her happy with Bryson. It warms my heart. Especially because it makes me feel less bad about leaving her in LA.

Colorado has been good to me so far and not even Maya knows where I am.

I don't need anyone coming to look for me. If I need someone, I'll go to them. But I just want to have my space right now.

To deal with...whatever this is.

"What's up? Why are you calling me?" I ask her. She gasps and I can see her clench her chest over the FaceTime call.

"How rude. I can't miss my bestie?" She asks and I laugh. She knows I'm joking.

"No,"

"Okay, fine. But I can miss my nugget that you're holding hostage. Give my baby the phone," she says and I roll my eyes before allowing her to see my stomach.

"Hi, auntie's baby. I can't wait to meet you and spoil you. I love you so so much," she says way too seriously. She's convinced this baby can hear her.

They say they can but I don't know how much I believe that. Not that I don't fall into the trap of speaking to my belly the moment I feel myself about to break.

"Maya, you're a child," I say giggling.

"You would know. It's in our nature," she says smiling.

"How's Jade. You guys okay?" I ask her. I wish I was in the right headspace to see her more often. I check on her frequently though.

I just want her to know that I always got her. Not that she doesn't have as much support from Maya.

"She's good. Better than I thought she would be but of course she's still adjusting. Ruling is next week and she wants to go. I'm proud of her," she explains.

"Oh...she changed her mind? She's going?" I'm proud too.

"Yup. I'll just have to be prepared because I know it won't be easy on her," she tells me. I sigh because I know it too.