LIII

SWIPE AND HIT PLAY FOR MUSIC!

Gabby's POV
•€•
June 29th

Before I even get the chance to open my eyes, I feel the strong urge to cough. And I do.

I cough profusely and my throat feels as if there are knives being drawn through it. The level of agony is inexplicable.

And then I feel hands pulling on me. But the sensation doesn't feel real. I feel like I'm dreaming. My hearing comes back to me slowly.

When it does, I hear crying.

"Gabby, are you ok? Nurse...please, someone get in here!" I hear the person scream but the voice doesn't register.

I look up and see Kaitlyn. She's crying and it automatically tunes every sense I have. I clear my throat to say something but a nurse comes to my side and starts checking on me.

Kaitlyn steps back but she's sobbing uncontrollably. It pains me.

"I'm okay," I manage to say to her. My voice comes out raspier than usual.

She takes a deep breath but she remains hysterical.

I want to move but it's too painful. I can feel every part of me 100 times more than usual. I groan.

"Ma'am, you were in a fire. You'll be fine but we have to make sure everything is going smoothly," the nurse says. I nod but I'm really focused on how scared Kaitlyn looks.

"Cmere," I say reaching my hand out to her. She grabs it gently because she can see how much pain I'm in.

She holds onto me while the nurse continues to check my vitals. My heart rate continues to spike because my mind is elsewhere. Kaitlyn is crying and Jordan is no where in sight.

Once the nurse is finished, the pain eases and I'm left with a scared and crying Kaitlyn.

"I'm fine, Bug. Stop crying. I'm right here," I say. She moves closer and I wipe her tears. I hate that she has to see me like this.

I hate that he's back and she's here. I need to get her home.

But first...

"Who bought you here?" I ask her. She takes a second to catch her breath before responding.

"I...I came with the am-bulance," she sobs. "I came with you after they got you and I was scared that-" she rambles and becomes inaudible.

"Slow down, Kaitlyn. It's okay. Deep breaths, Baby," I say to calm her. I sit up a little and pull her to sit beside me.

She's trembling.

"How'd you get to the ambulance?"I ask.

I want to know everything but I'm afraid of the response to the one question I want to ask.

That's because I know what the person I want to know about is capable of when it comes to me.

"Jordan and I were coming to get you. When we got there the place was on fire and I was scared but he told me to wait in the car. He ran in-"

"He ran in?" I ask and she nods.

I feel sick.

"Where is he?" I ask, my voice shaky.

"He was in there forever and I thought the worst but then he came out with you and I thought you were-. But then Jordan like passed out and they put you in separate ambulances and I went with you. I don't know where he is. I'm sure he's here. But I don't know if he's okay," she says. She's barely getting words out.