•III•

SWIPE AND HIT PLAY FOR MUSIC!
Hit that star at the bottom!!
Gabby's POV
•€•
September 11th
The hot water cascades down my body as a constant buzz sounds in my ears. My thoughts block out the sound as my mind wonders to a specific someone. A smile imprinted in my brain as the touch of his lips against my cheek taints my skin.

"Gabby, are you listening?" Maya yells making my thoughts vanish from my brain as I respond with a delayed hum, allowing her to continue to kill a brain cell with each word she speaks.

"Then, he told me that he was done talking to that bitch and my dumbass believed him," Maya whined into a pillow. Maya always knew how to start a week with some bullshit.

"Yes your dumbass did," I chuckled as I stepped out of the shower to begin my skincare routine. It really pained me to see my best friend so hellbent over this dude. He wasn't good for her and I hated the way she let him treat her.

STAND UP!!

"No, you're supposed to say.....No, sweetheart. You're just too loving of a person," she scoffed, removing the pillow from her face and looking up at me.

"I will never tell you nonsense. You're being dumb and I've been telling you that from jump. Stop letting this man play with you," I said softly as I grabbed the phone and held it to me face, heading downstairs to eat the breakfast I had already prepared.

Something about air drying as I indulge in my waffles. This has got to be the fifth time I've told her to leave this man alone I think to myself.

I've never been the person to sugarcoat anything, especially not with Maya. She knew that this man was walking her like a dog and she did nothing but bark.

"You're right," she whined. " But I really like him, Gabby." I could hear her tossing in her bed like a big baby.

"You need to like yourself more, baby," I said, rolling my eyes at her because she now had her face all up in the camera, pouting.

"Ugh, you so damn sickening. What's up with you and ole dude anyways." She rolled over on her back, with the camera still in her face, and smirked.

"With who?" I asked, stuffing a piece of bacon in my mouth as I feigned confusion. I knew exactly who she was talking about but I was not about to play with her. I was glad the camera was laying on the table so she couldn't see me blush.

"Look who's acting dumb now," she laughed. "You know who I'm talking about. Stalker guy."

"I never said he was a stalker." I turned the stove off and picked the phone up, bugging my eyes at her.

I just wanted to eat my breakfast in peace. Why is this girl bugging me?

"Uh huh, his ass weird. Showing up to your party talking about sum he 'cIrcLed aROunD,'" she laughed. "Have you spoken to him tho?" She was supposed to be getting up to head to the studio early, since we are having an open house for the girls who would be in middle school next year.

"I have not," I said confidently, taking a sip of my Moringa tea.

"You a damn lie, bitch." She bursted out laughing and sat up in her bed. "That man was looking at you like a heavy plate of oxtails at the party, so I know he hit you up."

"So, what if he did?" I shrugged, cutting my waffle. My teasing continued if efforts to annoy Maya but my mind went directly to his bright smile. I hadn't seen him since my birthday a week ago but he never failed to ask me how I was doing from time to time.

"You wrong." She shook her head, walking into her bathroom. "You're really not gonna tell me?"

"Okay, damn!" I laughed. I propped my phone up so she could see me rolling my eyes. "He asked me to join him for his run this evening." I smiled a little at the thought.