VI

Gabby's POV•€•October 2nd

Gabby's POV
•€•
October 2nd

"You sure you got it?" I asked, with worry in my voice as he pulled himself up from the wheelchair. It had been three weeks since his accident.

It annoyed me to see him deny my help but it was like he didn't know any better. We even got into a disagreement when I asked to spend the night with him in the hospital. I stayed once, waking up with a crook in my neck and he hated the idea ever since.

Stubborn.

Although nights were a no, I spent most of my mornings with him. He was no where near recovered but he insisted on doing everything himself. Almost like it was all he knew and it pained me.

"I got it," he groaned, stepping into the car.

The nurse took the wheelchair he was brought out in and I jogged to the other side of the car.

"Are you hungry? We can stop and get you something," I turned and asked as I was watching as he adjusted him self in the seat, trying to muffle his groans.

"Of course I'm hungry," he chuckled. "That shit in there is nasty." He shook his head in disgust and laughed.

"Stop jumping in front of bullets and maybe you won't need to be in the hospital," I said as I rolled my eyes playfully at him and began to drive off.

He smirked and watched me from the corner of his eye. "Why would I let my fiancé die?" He mugged.

"Excuse me?" I asked, returning the mug. I stopped at the red light and looked at him with my eyebrows arched.

"The nurse said that my 'fiancé' would be there soon to pick me up," he smirked. I had completely forgotten all about that.

It was in the midst of the moment. Maya came up with the idea and I just followed along. When they told me there wasn't anyone in his emergency contact, my heart felt for him.

We had to lie and say we didn't have the time to update it since we've been together. I kind of regret the lie now.

"I just said that because they told me only family were allowed to see you," I said, feeling embarrassed but I couldn't let him know that. I look so dumb right now.

"Oh. So what was the whole you're carrying my baby part about?" he asked, with a grin on his face. I kept my head forward and could feel his eyes piercing through the side of my face. He knew exactly what he was doing and I hope he knows he's not cute.