VIII

Gabby's POV•€•October 14th

Gabby's POV
•€•
October 14th

"What? What happened?" I asked as Jordan opened the door. My head was close to spinning and the pressure in my chest unimaginable. I rushed over from my house as soon as I got Jordan's text.

"Nothing," he smirked. "I just wanted to know if you want to watch a movie with me?"

I stared up at him. I felt myself getting warmer as he stood there and smiled. That damn smile that has a way of melting me.

Stop watching him smile then stupid

"Nig- You texted me saying that you needed me and to hurry up. Then, you didn't answer my FaceTimes. All for a movie?," I questioned confusingly, squinting my eyes. He was annoying me more and more as the days passed and he thought he was so funny.

"I do need you. It hurts," he pouted. It was visible that my face had softened because his smile had widened. I can't help but worry about him.

"Where?" I placed one hand on his chest and one hand on his abdomen feelings for any blood.

He sighed as I moved my hands over his torso.

"Yeah, because you act like you don't miss me," he smiled. He placed his hand over the hand I had on his chest, pulling me inside and shutting the door. "Been trying to avoid me and shit."

After he lied to me about the guy from the hospital, I decided that the only thing I wanted from him was for him to get better. I only came over to walk Prince, dress his wound or to drop something off.

"First of all, stop that predator ass shit you con artist and second of all, it's so late," I whined. He stepped closer...breaths closer. A chuckle escaped him as a sigh escaped me.

Focus

"Please," he begged, giving me puppy dog eyes. "I took my medication but I'm still feeling some pain. I can't sleep." He was still holding my hand again his chest.

My eyes traveled to his hand...his Adam's apple...his bright smile. I looked away, trying to avoid being caught under his spell.

"Don't you have a dog to cuddle with?" I chuckled. "Got me thinking there was something wrong with you," I said nervously. The effect he had on me was poignant.

"You were worried about me?" he smiled, caressing my cheek with the back of his hand. I suppressed the urge to smile. I broke eye contact before letting out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"I'm leaving. Bye," I scoffed, slapping his hand away from my face and turning around.

"Please. One movie and then I'll leave you alone," he asked as he pulled me in for a hug and squeezed me tight. It was warm, it was comfortable and it was the right move.

"Okay...okay...okay. Let go," I laughed. His smile widened more than before, astonishing actually. His playful mood was warming and welcoming. The nurses at the hospital would say differently but it was refreshing to be around him.