XXI

Gabby's POV
•€•
December 2nd

"Alright ladies, I don't want to see anyone slacking now that finals are over," I say to my girls as they all line up in the studio.

"Yes Ms.Gabby,"

"I want everyone to finish up the semester strong. Winter break is approaching and I'll need to know who will be joining us in January by next week. I'll be sending emails to your parents," I add. This process is beyond exhausting.

"All of y'all bad asses better be here," Maya jokes, making them all chuckle.

"We will," shout a couple of them. That's what I like to hear.

"Oh, that's what I thought. Let me catch y'all in these streets," she teases, pointing her fingers at them and then laughing along with them.

Maya's voice is very soft and dainty but you couldn't notice with the attitude and confidence she speaks with.

"Okay, y'all go ahead and get started and I will be coming around to each class to check on ya'll," I conclude. They all nod and make their way through each of their doors.

I walk around each class and watch as my girls practice each of their routines. My favorite thing is to watch them help each other.

They are learning how to lift each other up and work as a support system. I am proud of them.

After making my rounds, I decide to get some work done. My fingers go 100 mph against the keyboard. I pause at the sound of the door chiming.

"Hey, baby," I hear and I look up with my eyebrows furrowed.

"What are you doing here?" I ask. He's wearing the brightest smile. How is he sick?

"I wanted to bring you some food," he chuckles, waking over to me and leaning in for a kiss. Why must he play so much?

"You're supposed to be sick, Jordan. You didn't have to," I smile at the bag he places on the table. I want him to take care of himself but I love the gesture.

"I feel a lot better. That nasty shit you gave me worked," he laughs, walking around me and standing behind my chair.

He leans forward, rubbing his hands down my arms and stops at my ear.

"How has you day been?" he whispers. It sends shivers through me. He shouldn't have such a strong affect on me.

"I was worried about you this morning but I'm glad you're feeling better," I whisper, closing my eyes and leaning my back back into his shoulder.

"Booooo, throwing tomatoes," Maya teases, walking out of her into the room with a mug on her face.

Jordan and I both laugh and looked at each other before looking back at Maya who is now standing before us.

"Shut up," I say, bucking at her and rolling my eyes. She laughs and I give my attention back to my laptop.

"Hey, Maya," Jordan smiles. He's such a hypocrite. He thinks she's crazy.

"Hi, Jordan," she says amused.

"What's up," I ask Maya.

"Nothing," she says shrugging her shoulders. I squint my eyes and watch her mischievous facial expression, knowing she did something that I wouldn't have done.

"So why are you in my face?" I laugh, looking around for a reason.

"That's your girl?" Her arms fold over her chest as she looks at Jordan and points to me. He keeps quiet while I laugh.