LIV

SWIPE AND HIT PLAY FOR MUSIC!

Gabby's  POV
•€•
June 29th

I kiss Jordan and attempt to walk into Jade's room. But he won't let me go. He's hesitant to leave me but Jade needs me.

If only he knew what I was about to tell him.

I guess I was saved by the bell.

"It'll take two seconds. The officers are standing right here. I won't leave this room without you," I tell him.

I know my words don't do any justice but he knows better than to stop me on this.

"Okay," he says before kissing my head.

"I love you," I tell him.

"More than anything," he replies.

I open the door and Jade is sat up in the bed. Her eyes face her lap the way they always do when she's afraid. It's not hard to guess what she's afraid of.

She doesn't even look up when the door opens.

Her mind seems far gone.

"Jade," I say grabbing her attention. She looks slightly startled but then relaxes when she realizes I'm the one standing before her.

Then a tear drips down her cheek and my heart instantly tightens.

"Ms.Gabby," she says quietly. I move closer to her and sit on the bed. From what I can see, the only thing that shows she's hurt is her busted lip.

She's hurt but none of the damage was done by the fire.

I put my hand on her shoulder and more tears come down.

"It's okay, Jade. I'm right here and I'm not leaving you," I tell her. She reaches forward and hugs me.

What's happening with this baby?

"Jade, I need to know what happened? Why were you in the studio?" I ask her. She sniffles and then pulls back.

"Where's Maya?" she asks.

I've been calling her all morning. She hasn't picked up once and Bryson hasn't heard from her either but she told me she'd be in The Bay for the day yesterday.

But she was supposed to be back for the concert tonight.

Too much is going on at once.

"She's on her way. She was out of town but I called her and she'll be here. But you have to speak to me. If you won't speak to anyone the we can't help you," I tell her.

I don't want to break her trust but time isn't our friend right now.

I also don't know if her parents are searching for her.

"I want Maya here," she says. I sigh.

"Right now you can only have one visitor. Maya won't be here for now but she's coming. You'll be the first to see her. But I'm not leaving until you speak to me," I lie again.

But it's for her own good.

"Um..Okay. I'll speak to you," she says.

"And a detective needs to be present. Is that okay?" I ask and she hesitates before nodding.

I call for the detective and a woman walks in and sits in a far corner. She'll be taking the notes but I'll be asking the questions. It's what makes Jade comfortable so it's what will have to work.

"Okay, Jade. Talk to me. Why'd you go to the studio. Did something happen?" I ask and brace myself for the response.

"I left home...and I went to the studio to find you," she says and I feel guilty. She's ran away again and only ended up in more danger.