XXXIII

SWIPE AND HIT PLAY FOR MUSIC!

Jordan's POV
•€•
February 26th

I broke my promise.

I hurt her.

She hasn't even looked over at me once during this 3 hour drive. I'm not sure I want her to. I'm ashamed.

The one good thing in my life and I ruined it. I ruined it and still couldn't even protect her.

I look over at her and she focuses on the darkness that surrounds us. A million things must be running through her mind. I haven't even gotten the chance to explain and I'm almost certain that she wants no parts in my explanation.

I didn't think it would go this far. He's always been a talker. I thought I had more time. I've been patient with him and his antics. But he's crossed a line.

He put his hands on her.  He pulled a gun on her. He's going to regret it.

"Are you hungry?" I ask, breaking the silence. I can't bare the thought of all the things running through her mind. Scaring her even more.

She closes her eyes and doesn't respond. I don't push her any further.

On top of everything, she had to cancel her classes which only pisses her off more.

We had no other choice. My only intentions are to keep her out of harms way.

Bryson picked up Maya and is taking her someone else. I want to be one step ahead at all times. A friend of mine that worked with secret services is keeping an eye on her family.

We pull into the hotel parking and I tell her to wait in the car until I book the hotel. I use cash and an old fake ID for safety.

"Come on," I say extending my hand out to her. She hops out, ignoring my help and grabs her things from the front seat.

Her body language giving the impression that she is angry but her soft features letting me know that she is just hurt and scared.

I collect the little things we had packed. We needed to be quick and get out of there because I have no idea what his next steps were. It took me a while to get here because I took a lot of backroads to make sure I wasn't being followed.

We head up in silence. I want her to talk to me but I, myself can hardly think of anything to say to her.

She walks in and takes her bag from my hands before proceeding to one of the bedrooms, allowing Diamond to enter and closing the door behind her.

I sigh before I feel my burner vibrating.

"Bry, what's up. Y'all good?" I ask plopping down on the sofa and rubbing my hand over my face.

"I'm good, bro. We just got here,"

"Okay, cool. Prince good?"

"Yeah, he's chilling,"

"Okay, call me if you need anything. Again, man, I'm sorry,"

"I told you that you're good. I'm here to help. Actually, why you ain't take her witchu. She's already starting," he scoffs and I can hear Maya whining in the background.

"Okay, Imma hit you later," I say amused by the thought of how crazy they are going to drive each other.

I hear the shower running from her room, so I decide to go into my room and do the same. After my shower I enter into the hall to see that her lights are off. She must be sleeping now. Or just avoiding me.