LXXXIII

THAT STAR ON THE BOTTOM OF EACH CHAPTER
Jordan's POV
•€•
August 5th

The walk isn't long at all. The place is full and very loud. I have no connection and I'm sure she doesn't either.

I can't get her.

I follow a crowd down the road.

I move through the crowd and it feels like the deeper I get into the crowd, the harder it gets to find her. The party is dense.

I spend a few minutes looking around and avoiding deep conversation but falling into a few traps.

Apparently, a lot of people know who I am.

I search more and more until I start getting nervous. Her grandmother and Kaitlyn said they left a while ago. She wouldn't leave here knowing I'd be looking for her.

I go to dial her number once more before I hear her sweet giggle and my eyes travel to that direction.

Finally, I see her by the bar. Sasha isn't with her but there's a guy beside her who seems to be speaking more than she would like.

More than I would like.

"Ah long time mi nuh see yuh enuh, Gabby. Yuh grow nice doh," he says with his hand on her arm.

"Thank you," she says shyly. She doesn't pull her arm back. She's trying to be nice but she's clearly uncomfortable. I hate it when she does that.

I walk up behind her and put my hand around her waist. Without looking, she immediately backs into me and I hold onto her tighter.

I give the guy a look and he backs up. Like I said...they know who I am.

She turns to me and when I look down, she's pouting.

"Where have you been?" She asks.

"I didn't think it would take that long and I couldn't reach you," I tell her. She nods and hugs me. I kiss her cheek being that her lips are buried into my chest.

She smells heavenly.

"Where's your phone?" I ask her. She shrugs and then pulls it from the band of her skirt. It's dead.

"Seriously?" I ask.

"If you didn't take forever, it wouldn't matter," she says and I take a deep breath. I'm not starting an argument with her about this. We just got here.

"Next time just don't leave without me," I say above the music. This is her second home but it's foreign to me. With what I've seen and heard around, I don't like the idea of her at a party this size, at night and without me.

"Okay. Did you want something?" She asks. I love how she always agrees with what I ask when she's not listening to a damn thing I say.

I turn to the bartender and give my order. I look down and she's still holding onto me and pouting.

She must've had a few.

It's amusing.

I kiss her head.

I get the drinks and pay the bartender. She proceeds to walk in the direction of God knows where and I follow behind her. It comes to my attention that she's barely wearing anything.