XXXII

SWIPE AND HIT PLAY FOR MUSIC!

Jordan's POV
•€•
February 26th

I'm seconds from finding the closest bridge.

What the actual fuck.

I pull the pillow over my head dreading the day before it even begins.

The door bell sounds and Prince's barks follow shortly after. I can't get a fucking break.

I head into the bathroom to brush my teeth not caring that the person at the door continues to ring. I get dressed before heading downstairs.

"Man, somebody could've already killed and buried me in the time I've been waiting on yo ass," Bryson pushes past me.

"I was asleep," I say, rubbing my hand over my face. I take a deep breath. I'll surely need it.

Bryson is only here to help but I'm in no mood for anyone right now. I don't know when I'll ever be.

"Your plane leaves in three hours which means you have to be out of here in an hour and thirty and you ain't got shit packed," he scoffs with his head in my fridge.

The last thing I want to do is pack. It will make this all seem real.

"I'm not taking anything but some clothes," I mumble. He stares back at me with his eyebrows knitted.

"Nothing?"

"Nothing," I say as I walk over to the back doors to let Prince out. My body feels heavy as I move around. The pain in my heart unbearable. This whole situation had my mind under a spell.

"What about your paintings and stuff?" he asks. I mumble words in response.

"I'm going to have someone pick them up and hold onto them until they're sold on my website," I sigh, sitting on the arm of my sofa.

Everything is going so fast and with my brain being mushed by the pressure of my constant headaches, I can only do so much in so little time.

"All of them?" he asks. 

I know exactly what he's referring to. I told her that I wouldn't sell any of my portraits of her and I plan on keeping my word. It's the least I can do.

But I don't know what to do with them. I can't keep them. It would hurt too much.

I shrug my shoulders in response to his question.

"What about the gallery?"

"What's with all the fucking questions," I ask, slightly annoyed. The gallery was something I've always dreamed of. When my brother took me to my first art gallery, I knew I had to have my own.

I was finally able to purchase a space and get all the paperwork together before my life became a pit of crumbles. Now, not only do I have to leave the woman I love but also all that I've worked for.

"I'm just asking so I know where I can help. That's all," he replies. I appreciate it but I'm in the mood to show it.

"I'm going to sell it. I already found a buyer and I'm trying to get it to them as soon as I can," I say standing up to head upstairs. I'm over discussing all of this.

"J, you really doing this?" he asks sincerely. I remain silent and walk up the stairs. I have no choice.

I have to do this. Jason knows she's was my weakness. The only way to keep her safe is to stay away from her.

Although Bryson respects my decision, he thinks I should tell her. He just doesn't understand how much danger I will be putting her in.