XXXX

SWIPE AND HIT PLAY FOR MUSIC!

Jordan's POV
•€•
March 28th

I swear I love the relationship she has with her mother. They'll be on the phone for hours before either of them even realize. Her sister included.

"I've already eaten...Jordan made me something...he's good...yes, Mama," she says giggling the entire time.

"Hey," I greet her when her eyes meet mine.

"Hi," she whispers with the biggest smile.

I've been in my studio for a minute now. I can't wait to show them to her. I wonder if she gets tired of seeing the paintings I do of her.

She's been doing yoga in the living room. She asked me to join her but I don't have the flexibility she has.

Some of the positions she has to get into don't really call my name. Although I'd love to see her in them while she's calling my name.

"Jordan," she draws me from my thoughts as Prince whines to be let outside. I let him out and Diamond comes running behind him.

"Hi, Daddy. I'm fine," she says.

She told me that she hasn't told her parents about anything besides the fact that we had broken up for a month. They don't know why and they for sure don't know what happened to her.

I want her to tell them but she won't. She thinks they'll go crazy. Which they probably will.

But I don't want her to feel like she has to hide stuff from them because of me. They really care about her.

I let the dogs back in and when I turn around, Gabby has the phone held out to me.

"What?" I ask, not daring to take it.

"He wants to speak to you," she says. I sigh before taking it from her.

"Good morning," I answer nervously. I've spoken to her mom recently but not her dad.

"Good morning, Son. How are you?"

Son?

My nerves begin to settle.

I look over at Gabby and she's laughing at me. She always finds me being nervous to speak to her father funny. But I have good reason.

"I'm good. How are you, Sir?" I ask.

"I'm doing alright enuh. Just ah sound yuh up. You don't have to be afraid of talking to me you know," he says and I nervously chuckle. He's as good her when it comes to reading me.

"I know," I say shortly.

"Okay. How's everything? How's business?" he asks. I'm not expecting any of this.

"Business is good. Better than I expected. You'll have to come see the gallery one day," I tell him.

"I will. Maybe I'll see something I like," he says.

"For you, I wouldn't sell one of those. It would be custom of course," I didn't even realize how easy it is to speak to him. I've always had to speak to him under the most strenuous circumstances.

"Oh? Are you going in today?" he asks.

"Not today. I'm taking Gabby somewhere today, actually," I say and her head snaps in my direction. She has no clue as to what I have planned.

"What? Where?" She whispers but I ignore her.

"Somewhere special I hope," he says. Of course it's special. Only the best for her.